Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam brilliance comparison between 1 watt and 10 watts of 532 nm. YT Video

Hello brothers of the collimated light, come join the green side. Here's another video of the CNI 10 watt DPSS laser I recently received, this video is under ten minutes and this time I used a BlueParrot noise cancelling microphone/headset so I can be heard above the loud fan noise this thing produces.

In this video I set a fixed output power ~1 watt CNI 532 nm DPSS laser next to the big 10 watt (10.5) DPSS with a analog power output control, I then kept doubling the power to demonstrate the visual difference. My camera shows a fairly good representation of what it looks like by eye.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Encap

New video is best yet- thanks for sharing (y)

The canera doesn't seem have the headroom/dynamic range to really represent the dramatic difference in brightness that would be very much noticed if physically present/live in room with the lasers, is my guess---right or no--true or not true?

Great lasers--you a very lucky/blessed to be able to have/own them.

Once you get just a little smoke mixed into the air your beams show up much better and the difference is easier to see.

10 watts of green is awesome, but even at reduced price a big chunk of money. I have mixed thoughts on using smoke to increase the brilliance of the beam as cheating, yet in different environments you will have varied amounts of dust that’s not cheating if it is your environment. I sure do at work here in the desert, my workplace full of dust in the air. The beam sure highlights what we are breathing, seeing all of those sparkles of light in what I normally think of as clean air exposes the reality.

My iphone camera is showing a fair reoresentation of what I’m seeing, at this power my eyes are also being affected the same way as my iris closes to a small aperture to reduce the amount of light which is far too bright even then, at these intensities the dynamic range of my eyes are probably just as limited.

What I really need is to shoot across a much further distance as the bright spot on the laser power meter head is causing there to be too much light scattering close to where I am using the camera, I believe this is the bigger issue to show the difference between the beam brilliance.

Perhaps I should take these lasers where I can shoot the beam 50 feet away to reduce the light coming from the spot, a night time sky beam shot would be ideal, but not in the city, Don’t want to end up in any trouble here. I have access to a large warehouse I can shoot the beam 60 feet, will probably do that.