Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Be careful with Lasever!

jayrob

I just want to make known why I am no longer a distributor of bare modules for Lasever...

Unfair tactics by David Wu of Lasever:

He set me up as a distributor of modules in the U.S.

The module quality is good.

I make payments as the modules sell.

We expected much better sales.

I have two 473 modules unsold, but needed a green module. So he said to send payment for the green module. Which I did.

Then, after he got the payment for the green module, he said that he would not send the green module unless I first pay for, the two other modules that have not sold.

I reminded him that this new sale has nothing to do with the distributor arrangement. (other two modules)

I offered to send him the two modules back, or wait for them to sell.

He said I could send them back, but that he would not ship the new module until he has the two modules back.

But how can I trust him now?? This is not right.

This new sale which I sent a customers money for, has nothing to do with the distributor agreement on the other modules.

I no longer can trust David Wu of Lasever.

I will not be distributing his modules for him any longer.

Sorry for being long winded, but people will ask about the modules, and I can just send them to this thread to explain why I am no longer distributing their modules...

Encap

Good move --what do you need that headache for---could have been nice but Wu is playing unfair or at least not working with you to create a demand and market for his products.

The manufacturer has to be involved in creating a demand--that involves a lot of time and money to prime the pump.

To refuse to send you a green module that was prepaid by the end user as a 'special order" type thing, aside from other business issues is really unfair even without the 473 issue, as you say.

Distributors typically invest money in stock of products yes, but not before a demand for them exists.

ped

Can you get the money back or chargeback for the green module you paid for?

jayrob

Can you get the money back or chargeback for the green module you paid for?

Yes via PayPal dispute...

It's sad because he causes me to have a 'bad transaction' with a customer. Plus he looses the sale of the green module.

I'm an honest guy, and will send back the two other modules.

But that is a separate 'distributor arrangement'. And has nothing to do with this new purchase of the green module.

So since I cannot trust David Wu any longer, I will have to wait for the refund (or the green module) before I send his other modules back.

Then I will be completely done with him, and will not be promoting the sales of his modules.

Too bad because the quality of the modules are good. But I don't like being treated this way, and now I cannot trust him...

Actually, I owe less than the value of the 473 modules.

A couple of people can get a really good price on them. $310 each. (normally $380) Edit: Sold...

But there I go promoting sales! (not what I want to do for this guy any longer)

But I do admit that it would be easier to send a PayPal payment than to send modules back that he will probably claim he never got... (don't trust him anymore)

Last edited:

Bacon

I even tried pming him about prices of modules about a month ago with NO reply. So I moved on (seeking 473 or 532).

This is too bad your builds look really slick btw;).

Oh man. That's a shame since these were the cheaper ones... looks like we'll need to bug CNI again for modules for custom builds...

jayrob

Edit: Sold... Well I do have two nice 473 modules, and I think it's 'smarter' for me to try and sell them at a discount and pay my balance rather than send them back to him. (because he may say that he did not receive them)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Wow how did I miss this. That sucks. :( Lasever Built up a good rep here.

sinner

Jay was kind enough to promote their business through his own rep, It's real petty of him to do such unfair tactics, I guess this shows he didnt had to earn the reputation that he thought it's easy to disregard the person's who has vouched for them. After all of this, I mean this shows the character of our vets we need to learn!

Wow that sucks their modules were really good deals. Good to know about their shady tactics now