Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery for HL 532nm 200mw

those will work, but I like AW IMR 16340's, its what i use in my HL532. link to some on ebay. IMR refers to the chemical makeup of the cell. IMR's have increased output over li-ions, so while it may have a lower mAh rating, they can output more "juice", if you will. And, they are just generally more reliable than those cheap chinese death trap batteries (avoid anything ___fire- trustfire, etc).

those will work, but I like AW IMR 16340's, its what i use in my HL532. link to some on ebay. IMR refers to the chemical makeup of the cell. IMR's have increased output over li-ions, so while it may have a lower mAh rating, they can output more "juice", if you will. And, they are just generally more reliable than those cheap chinese death trap batteries (avoid anything ___fire- trustfire, etc).

EFEST/AW..
I would say they are about the same; Especially when used in a 200mw 532= low Amp draw.. but if it was a C6 M140 at 1.6A, One of them may be better for the high ampers draw..

:beer:
RJ

Last edited:

hm i use ultrafire batteries whats wrong with them? reading online they get good reviews.

Went with those. Thanks!

hm i use ultrafire batteries whats wrong with them? reading online they get good reviews.

They are rewrapped cells from china. Sometimes dead or leaking old batteries, just with a blue trustfire plastic sleeve on them. Sometimes they are smaller little cells inside a metal cylinder. Look around, someone here made a thread a while back where they took a trustfire 18650 apart. Pretty crappy, dangerous stuff. They probably get good reviews because they are cheap, and people dont know what they are getting, its just "hey,this battery cost 2 dollars and works in me ecig, so 5 stars!" Kinda thing

arent most batteries from china anyways? been using them for years never had any problems.

arent most batteries from china anyways? been using them for years never had any problems.

Most may be from china but doesn't mean some arent made with better quality than others. Same with lasers and anything else. QC is a bid deal. Some production facilities have it better than others and some choose to use better materials and methods than others to make such products.

Last edited: