Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery direction help

Ken Hudd

I am a 56yo kid that lost my memory over the rigors of time.
I have a Thor ultra 5w that I have been using w the 26650's facing to the rear. Is this correct?
I also have a Sanwu Striker 7w on the way that Youtube xbox360 indicates that these 26650's should be facing to the front. Is this correct?
Thanks, Ken

For both of those lasers, the diodes are case-negative (there are no case-positive multi-watt blue diodes AFAIK), meaning that the whole metal part of the host is at Ground (or battery negative).

but please DO NOT take my word for it - as this is my conjecture rather than actual guidance from the manufacturers. I know Sanwu doesn't put reverse polarity protection on their smaller lasers, and I can't imagine that the Thor one would either - so please do check with Sanwu (either Podo on here, or email them directly) and the seller of your Thor if you're unsure.

diachi

I am a 56yo kid that lost my memory over the rigors of time.
I have a Thor ultra 5w that I have been using w the 26650's facing to the rear. Is this correct?
I also have a Sanwu Striker 7w on the way that Youtube xbox360 indicates that these 26650's should be facing to the front. Is this correct?
Thanks, Ken

Is positive or negative the face in this situation?

My Thor H2 from Laserpointerstore uses two 26650 batteries and they are oriented positive toward the front. I suppose it is possible that someone made one with the opposite polarity, but I can't see a good reason for doing so.

With lasers I didn't build myself I always mark the inside of the tail cap with red or black paint to indicate pos or neg towards the tail cap so I don't have to remember them all, hell sometimes I have the battery in my hand and didn't even look at which way I just took it out, so it's a good idea to mark inside the tail cap usually on the threaded washer that screws in as it's the threaded sidewall that makes continuity with the case....in most cases...no pun intended.

Last edited:

diachi

My Thor H2 from Laserpointerstore uses two 26650 batteries and they are oriented positive toward the front. I suppose it is possible that someone made one with the opposite polarity, but I can't see a good reason for doing so.

My laserlands 520 is case positive. :unsure:

Think both of my Sanwu lasers are case negative, I imagine they make them all the same. Can always shoot them an e-mail and find out. Better safe than sorry.

Usually the end with the spring is negative, but not always. My builds are case negative with the spring on the positive side.

My laserlands 520 is case positive. :unsure:

Think both of my Sanwu lasers are case negative, I imagine they make them all the same. Can always shoot them an e-mail and find out. Better safe than sorry.

Usually the end with the spring is negative, but not always. My builds are case negative with the spring on the positive side.

Yeah, I had to check my Laserlands 520nm laser and it is case positive too. I believe they may have used a case positive diode in it. Mine measures 510nm.......right on the money.

Yep my LL 520 is also case positive ( + towards tail cap )

Just looking into the tail cap it's really obvious as there is no spring, just a place for the pos button top.

SANY3371.JPG

Last edited: