Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BATTERIES

daguin

laser-wholesaler said:
ok so i have bought the rksr driver at 430ma for my red diode can i run it of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1283 how many will i need and how long will the diode last at 430ma with a decent heatsink?
thank you all

You will need two 18650's to run the laser. The diode needs 3V. The driver needs 2.4V. You need 5.4V to lase. 18650's are only 3.6V (4.2V fully charged). It doesn't really matter how "big" the battery is as to whether it will be enough to power the laser. The voltage is what limits the use. "Bigger" batteries will usually last longer before needing to be recharged, but they don't necessarily have more voltage. You have to look at what the battery's voltage is, not how big it is.

Asking how long your diode will last is like asking for winning lottery numbers. ;) There are too many variables (mostly under your control) to be able to estimate this effectively or accurately.

Peace,
dave