Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries

i got these from tesco's today, are these the right ones? they dont seem to have the e2 written anywhere on them :-[

pm'ed you the link timelord

L

laser

okay, i just bought 8 energizer e2 lithium batteries for 11.99 today. i think that it was a pretty good deal. i bought them from longs drugstore. they had them at radioshack but they were 10 for 20 bucks! i got 8 for 12. i havent really tested the difference in the power, but ive heard there is a big difference...

T

timelord

Frozone said:
i got these from tesco's today, are these the right ones? they dont seem to have the e2 written anywhere on them  :-[

pm'ed you the link timelord
These are the only lithiums in the UK and Tesco's is the best deal too. I use only them in my green lasers. We can't get e2's readily in the UK.. :'(

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
These are the only lithiums in the UK and Tesco's is the best deal too. I use only them in my green lasers. We can't get e2's readily in the UK.. :'(

We'll see about that after tomorrow ! LOL !!

Lithiums e2 start out with a voltage of about 1.82v (1.7 rated.) Alkalines start out at about 1.61 volts. (1.5 rated). Fresh nimh start about about 1.4 after charging (1.2 rated)

So e2's are only more powerful than alks ONLY until the voltage drops down below 1.61. Probably for most lasers it will be about 10-15 minutes.

Off course liths have a longer run time, but I don't know if they are worth 2-4 times the cost of a regular alkaline. I guess its up to you.

Unless you are burning or bursting, you probably would not know the difference. Certainly I see no need for them in less than 55 mw lasers. However , if you have a borderline burner, the e2's might put it over the top for you!

One advantage lithiums do have is that they work much better in colder weather (below 0 C or 32 F)

What I think we really need is specs on how much amperage batteries will put out in a certain time period. The more amperage (flow rate) put out by the baterry / minute seems more inmportant to me than the starting voltage, but I may be wrong. I have seem some fast drain rechargable batteries on the market, I think from Amondotech.com or maybe batterystation.com.

I saw an ad today in a magazine about a new battery Panosonic that is rated at 1.7v . Wonder what that is all about? I will have to check the add again or look on their website.

Meanwhile, Menards had a flyer for 8 free aaa or AA alks with $10 purchase so I picked the AAA's up today. They were Panasonic Alkaline Plus.

I am waiting on 2 lasers from AtlasNova. Purchased the CPF high spec (30+ mw)greenie special and the 635 pointer. My first 2 purchases. My wife bought the greenie for my birthday and I sprung for the 635. Hope I get something near 40mw. Hope to get them by Saturday.

There are still some of the CPF specials available in chrome for $79 plus shipping.

Neo

T

timelord

Very informative neocacher thank you and welcome to the forum. :)

S

SenKat

Yes - welcome, indeed ! What did the 635nm set you back, and what's its' specs ?

The 635 was $24.00.  class 3A slightly less than 5W, but powerful.

They have a 650 for 13.00 or 10 of them for $90. Apparantly the 635 is quite a bit brighter than the 650 because of the wavelength.

Neo.

By the way, thanks for the welcome to the forum. I will post pictures of the Atlasnova lasers when I get them if anyone is interested, however, I am sure that many of you own that brand of laser.

Neo

S

SenKat

Post away, Neo ! Like snowflakes, no two lasers are alike ! ;D Always interested to see what others have :)

Neo, just a little heads up:
Keep in mind that for greenie, the voltage is not necessarily representative of the power, IE, the laser can work at full power at 1.5V or 1.8V with the right battery. What is key is how long the battery can put out full power (voltage AND current) under the high load/low resistance of the laser.

Oh, I see what you mean now, sorry! I guess I skimmed your post too fast. The info isn't laser-specific, but energizer and duracell post some spec sheets on their sites that might help you get an idea of that stuff.

Pseudo,

No problem.

Can't wait for my 2 new lasers to get here. Maybe tomorrow!

Neo

tatman

i got some re-chargable energizer c cells for my 100mw Aries. they are rated 2500 mah, which i think is killer, but they say 1.2volts on em. this sorta bugs me, but they seem to work as well as others...i can't tell a difference. can sombody smarter than me explain/comment?