Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Basic beginner advice

sionthemove

Hi there. New here obviously. I'm just after some recommendatiions. I work on a film set so pointers are very useful for indicating things that are often far away. I would like a pointer that can indicate say up to 200 meters away. Preferably in daylight conditions if possible. As film sets are busy places I am also mindful of accidental shining in someone's eye. Although I'm always mindful when using one I would rather be safe than sorry, So I'm asking for a recommendation for the strongest one in mw I could get that should still be safe around people. Also what colour is most visible? Is it green? And lastly any recommended websites to purchase from. Thanks for any advice you may have.

gazer101

If you're working at a film set the safest thing to do is to not use a laser (yes the risk of blinding might be low, but the repercussions are so high with lawsuits etc.).

<5mW is considered "eye safe" and green lasers offer the best visibility, but again lasers at film sets are a no-no unless its part of the scene and everyone has signed waivers

Encap

Additionally , if you are in the UK check UK laser laws and regulations especially as regards work envorinment health and safety and liability of film company--check with insurance company covering.

Nothing eye safe will be of much use in daylight at 200meters