Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad day for my X105...

Today was a bad day for my X105. When I came in my house today I noticed my X105 with had its batteries out and the front of the laser was unscrewed. The button was jammed in under the metal casing. When I turned it on it was screwed up. I found out my sister was using it when I was gone and she jammed in the button and the laser was stuck on, so my mom somehow unscrewed the front of the laser thinking it was the battery cap and now it is busted. Here are some pictures, by the way the ring doesn't go away when I take the aperture cap off either.

lased001.jpg

Dot at 10 ft

lased002.jpg

Dot from 3 ft

lased003.jpg

Dot from 3ft. again

lased004.jpg

Dot from 15ft

Well do you think the laser is destroyed? What do you think happened to it? Is there any possible way I can fix it? Is the world going to end? I guess the moral of the story is don't leave a laser out that other people will use if you're not there.

Got any pics. of the lens and what not? To me looks like there is no lens in it. Which I busted my lens and replaced it with minimal effort.

In any case some pics of the laser itself would help to understand what is going on. And man, you should know better to leave it where others can reach it.

LarryQ

Oh..Man......

Where exactly did she screw it apart???

At the gold appature end...or the gold ring after the warning label?

I'm sorry to say that our sister Owes you a new laser...or at least the repair bill!!!

It's a good thing your Sister and Mother still have EYES....!!! :eek:

I can't imagine trying to unscrew the unit while my hand was being burned!

If all that was lost was the Laser..you got Lucky!!!!!

The potential for a Huge disaster was there!!!

Contact Nova....that laser needs to go in for repair..!!!!

I'd invest in a small lock box...or at least the locking tail cap!!

Please keep everyone informed!!!!!

LarryQ

ixfd64

How old is your sister? If she's just a little kid, she probably shouldn't be playing with high-powered lasers.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I'll get some pictures of what I can.

I know I am an idiot for leaving it out. My sister (11) never messes with it, well I guess when I'm not there. But it does piss me off that I told her not to mess with it and she still did, she probably has before that too when I left it out. They unscrewed the whole aperture side, not just the aperture cap.

ixfd64

I wouldn't be surprised. Most 11-year-olds (and other middle school-age children) can be pretty immature.

Well first I would see if you are still covered by NOVA or if mom would like to replace it. I would even be willing to have a go with replacing the lens and IR filter if that is what was ruined as long as you cover shipping and what not. But then again NOVA might be willing to fix it for you and I would go with that if the cost is right.

Rhith

I have a feeling that Nova would more likely replace the laser for you as a repair of this caliber is near impossible without proper experience and tools. It would save everyone tons of hassle. I have a CNI Pen also and I can not even see how someone could do that to one of the buttons, it's not like pressing harder would do anything. Or how you would even get the button to stick like that. I highly recommend getting a Pelican 1150 Case ($25-35) and a pair of small master locks ($5) to help keep everything secure. I'm an only child and I still use that because you never know what could happen. It would be very interesting to see what the laser looks like in this current condition though.

:'( :'( :'(

I don't know how she got the button jammed under the casing in the first place either. She had to have jammed that thing in there.

I don't let anyone use my CNI pens anymore. EVERYONE jams the button in, and I don't know why.

But yep, it certainly looks fuxxord

Mistakes happen. Yours was to leave your laser out where anyone could get to it. The good news is that you will never do that again and that Mom and Sis didn't damage their eyes. Believe it or not, this ended well.

yea my sis did that with my true 100mw, my mom tossed it and claimed she didnt know were i was