Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

B

gl4yDfV.png

Depending on board revision, I count between 7 and 10 capacitors.

Please re-evaluate and rephrase your question.

Okay, you're not listening. This is simple. Pay attention:

There are at least 7 capacitors on the board. Therefore, your question of "where is the capacitor" doesn't make sense because it implies you're looking for one capacitor. Are you following me?

...resistors and capacitors that look exactly alike.

jMpt3.gif

Um, no. No they most certainly do not. And the mere fact that you think this leads me to believe you shouldn't be poking around at circuits.

Ceramic surface-mount caps are always tan or white. Resistors are almost always black or blue, and "flatter". Did you not even google this?

Dsmith

Hmmm pretty sure no one ever asked for you to be a dickhead...

Last edited:

Dsmith

Every post I see of you on here your treating people like shit. Are you that miserable? Not to mention my 14 year old son posted this actually trying to learn something new... Humble yourself, you dont know everything and your not better than everyone else here. Not everyone on here is an electrical engineer and are trying to learn from people without getting bashed.

Last edited:
Instead of sticking to the facts, you're going with name-calling.

tumblr_m4tl918AV01r5a2sv.gif

And since you're so ashamed of your thread you tried to delete it, for anyone else just tuning in, the original post was asking "Where is the capacitor located on the ACS5500BU driver? "

Coonie

cyparagon is a good guy when you get to know him. He just has a low tolerance for newbie related stuff which is something we get too much of. A lot of new members ask stupid stuff so many times it gets annoying. So forgive our reactions. I'm curious though... are you trying to repair a no no you made on the driver?

Dsmith

True, I understand that, but just no need to be like that about it. Just ignore it and keep scrolling if he has nothing positive to offer. And my son posted it with my profile. I believe he's trying to learn how to set current on his driver and make sure his capacitors are discharged afterward. Apparently he hasnt read up on it enough yet. Wish hed do it when I get back in town... Impatient kids lol

Reactions: GSS

Coonie

The driver doesn't require the capacitors to be manually discharged or manipulated in any way. Just turn the switch off when you're done using the laser.

If the driver has a current adjustment on it he will need to build or buy a test load and also obtain a digital multi-meter. There are several threads on how this can be done. Good luck to you both.

True, I understand that, but just no need to be like that about it. Just ignore it and keep scrolling if he has nothing positive to offer. And my son posted it with my profile. I believe he's trying to learn how to set current on his driver and make sure his capacitors are discharged afterward. Apparently he hasnt read up on it enough yet. Wish hed do it when I get back in town... Impatient kids lol

Hey if you're trying to drain the capacitor(s?) between the regulator and the laser diode, that can usually be accomplished by simply turning the unit off.. if you want to drain all of the capacitors including the ones in the power supply (if it has one), disconnect the power source (unplug or remove the batteries) while the unit is on (lasing) then, once the unit is "off" due to having no power, switch the unit off and don't connect it to power until you're done working on it (to keep the caps from being recharged that are in the circuit prior to where the power switch is placed).