Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

B: Aluminium powder(leftover from heatsink?)

piezoelectricity is the effect where mechanical energy applied to a certain type of crystal lattice is converted into high voltage AC. and ive done stupid things like this: one time i shot 20000 volts through a rocket engine, and the whole engine exploded in my face. the risk is not worth the fun. thermite will melt anything, so just think, if i put an object so hot that it will melt a whole in your floor in your hands....

http://www.unitednuclear.com/chem.htm

You can buy anything you want there, every pyrotechnic powder...thermite...sodium metal, lithium metal, potassium, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, etc etc.   Pretty much every chemical and metal you can think of they have. Its a great place to find neat stuff. i just recently got some sodium metal and some other chemicals for testings sake. Like gibberellic acid, which acts as a plant hormone and can cause plants and trees to become absolutely huge and mutated. ;D

I won't make thermite, to expensive for short time fun..

You need at least a pound thermite for each "good" charge.. Then for much dollers you have 10 charges.. not worth it IMO.

Can you make the pieze electric thing on your own?