Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome cheap Chinese Galvo Kit! But I have few questions.

Hi,
I have this awesome Chinese Ebay/Alie RGB with galvo kit and it works! But there is zero documentation. Seller knows nothing and I could not find any info on other places.

The problem is that the galvo scanner angle/degree is to large for most animations. Its buttersmooth with simple animations, but with complex ones its flickering.

I am so glad I got his far figuring out the cable connections without frying Electronic, but I dont want to risk to offset the wrong potentiometer. Can someone help identifying?

Also, I have one big potmeter unused. Where is it for? Any help or any info on this galvo kit is more then welcome!

I will add foto's from my pc

Attachments

• 20230107_114336.jpg
    20230107_114336.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Why_you

Are you sure that you're not just running into scan rate issues due to a crappy system, especially crappy scanners? "I got it from china and no one has any documentation for it" doesn't exactly sound promising.

Well as first, lack of simple and clear tutorials, videos and documentation is missing all over this laser hobby IMHO.

Now to my galvo's: as I said when the projector has to make small figures it is buttersmooth, but for instance, as a pattern grows in size on the wall, the image gets flickering. Even at 30kpps.

I want to reduce the angle degree of the mirrors from lets say 20 degree to 10 degree and hopefully the galvos will be able to keep up.

And I have no idea how to do that. The one thing I do understand reading in laserforums, is not to mess with potentiometers without knowing what you are doing.

All I could find out from pictures is that the "Emma" brand RGB laser is using these parts in their projectors. But no one on the internet is showing the insides of these projectors, how the are wired up or how they can be adjusted.

Lack of documentation everywhere. Too bad I cant speak chinese, I mean these products are build by the thousands. Its just that in the English speaking world practically no one understands these products any more.

I am back on this forum from a very long break. I see that the hobby is dying here. Less people, less posts. Too bad.
But I still hope I can find the last person in here who knows a thing or two

Last edited:

Why_you

Yeah, but are you actually sure that the 30 kpps is legit? A set of legit galvos plus scanner that can reach 30 kpps at 15° cost upwards of 500 €. I suggest you use the ILDA pattern to find the true rate of your system, because i suspect it's nowhere near the claimed 30kpps. It might be able to output something at some angle at that rate, but i doubt it's able to run ILDA.

Also, running the ILDA pattern gives you something where you can see the result of adjusting a poti in real time

No mine was not €500. I bought it somewhere in 2018 I think and only start using it since yesterday...

But I really like the animations it can produce. And now I am looking how to make the projector angle smaller

I will try getting the ILDA pattern; they gave me +500 animations on the SD card, but not that one.

So, does someone know how the pots work? And what about the big one?

Attachments

• Resizer_16731210868761.jpg
    Resizer_16731210868761.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Resizer_16731211374173.jpg
    Resizer_16731211374173.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 5