Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aussie awaiting green laser

Hi every one. About 4 days ago i placed an order for the dragon lasers viper 125mw (but i live i AUSTRALIA :(:(:( ) and now after reading all the stuff on the internet about huge fines i am a bit f***ing scared that it will be seized by customs and i will be fined. any way all i can do is wait and see. So I will let you all know how it goes.

Lew8

I just came over to oz and yeah... u could get mashed on that m8. the laws here are very strict, and the customs are twice as tough as ive seen before.
go diy!!! dragon lasers are good for diff gratings and as far as i know... pricewise they arent that gr8.
i hope it gets through ok though.

roosl

Man, this sux. This is the 1st time I've read any info regarding this sort of prohibition. They seem to categorize laser pointers >1mW (One, count 'em - 1 mW) with weapons? :wtf:

It does state that you can request permission by mailing a form and waiting 3 weeks (http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/LaserPointers.pdf), but I'll bet they only grant it for research and education, etc., certainly not to just anybody who wants a Chinese laser.

What prompted such a need for restrictions and prohibitions like this?

Last edited:

Lew8

Probably people glancing at lpf... finding dealextreme and shining them at planes like the retards they are. If you shine a laser above 1-5mw at anyone.... your a retard!!!
no-one here i hope. :)

Hi every one. About 4 days ago i placed an order for the dragon lasers viper 125mw (but i live i AUSTRALIA :(:(:( ) and now after reading all the stuff on the internet about huge fines i am a bit f***ing scared that it will be seized by customs and i will be fined. any way all i can do is wait and see. So I will let you all know how it goes.

Yo man,

I recently got a WL Evo 2010 Pro, rated @ 130mw. That got in fine to Australia. Even the custom declare addvice said it was a Laser Pointer.

Hope you get it.