Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Att. BlazeLasers Customers

Three people ordered from me, laserhigh, laserterd and one other person whose forum name I can't remember.

I have been waiting on the package from my supplier, and have been watching the tracking page.
I saw this morning that it 'passed a transit point' at 11 AM, as it had been doing a lot of lately on the 14th (today) and 13th.
Now they tell me it has been delivered and signed for on the 12th... by someone misspelling my name, and using my first name as my last.

I am working with my supplier and TNT to get it back, and customers may rest assured nobody else will end up with your lasers.
I am rather pissed off now. Some dickwad stole over $1100 worth of lasers from me. :mad:

Things

Yeah i bet youd be pissed off, if i had $1100 of lasers stolen id be furios, prolly going around the street kicking peoples doors down looking for them ;D

Hi Bluefusion,

I wonder how you can have a 2 W Infrared handheld laser, when all the other companies only produce up to 1 W. Is it really true that they put out 2000 mW?

Chad

Wanjiro - This really isn't the place for that question.

It's not that the other companies can't produce more than 1W, it's that they simply don't. The pump diodes for DPSS lasers can easily surpass 2W. IE, Optotronics uses 2.5W diodes in the RPL's. It's not that hard to believe.

Lorgar

Wanjiru said:
Hi Bluefusion,

I wonder how you can have a 2 W Infrared handheld laser, when all the other companies only produce up to 1 W. Is it really true that they put out 2000 mW?

The 2 watt handheld Blaze sells is a 980nM IR laser. Not a lot of companies sell IR lasers but you can easily get over 2 watts if you special order them. They are a multi mode pump diode they can be focused down to a very small dot but are no good for distance.
As for the output I belive it says on the Blaze website that all lasers are tested for output and you recive a power graph.

And my 1W green uses a 5W diode. As far as I know, 5W is the max for a single diode.

Razako

If you take the crystal set out of a relatively cheap rpl 165 you could get a 2.5watt 808 nm burner. A 2watt IR laser isn't unreasonable at all.

Re: Boycott TNT! $1100 stolen!

Cyparagon, not at all. Coherent make diode packages with single diode bars in them up to 30 or 40 watts I believe. I may be wrong though.

And yes, we do sell 2 watt units that are guaranteed minimum 2000mw output. Most companies don't bother because they think there isn't a market for it.

Now. I still have to sort this out on monday (sunday midday your time) but I have a pretty rock solid piece of evidence.
I have two screenshots of the tracking page.

This one was taken by spyrorocks on the morning of the day (evening for US) that this happened, the 14th for me 13th for you. http://www.blufusion.info/upload/tracking.jpg

This one was taken by me, after I found out about this. http://www.blufusion.info/upload/tnt_scam.jpg

Neither have been edited or photoshopped or modified in any way and you're free to examine them to confirm it for yourself. (if mine has a red line around the edge, blame vista's snipping tool)

Another thing worth noting is the name. My first name is Rowan with an A, not an E, and it's not my last name.
My supplier is getting a fax of the signature provided on monday. If they forged my signature with my name in reverse... yet another piece of evidence. :p

I ask you is that not pretty conclusive that it was an inside job??
Boycott TNT!!!!!

Sawt, this shipment did not include your 500mw IR so you need not worry.

To All BlazeLasers customers: We apologize for the delay. We were not expecting something like this to happen, but rest assured you WILL receive your lasers. We will sort everything out asap.

Update: Got a call from their int'nl call centre. My street address was also misspelt... :/
But they seem like they're gonna do all they can to get it back to me.

Got it back! I am currently (as in right now) in the process of metering all three lasers. Rest assured this will NOT happen again.

Chad

Re: Boycott TNT! $1100 stolen!

BlueFusion said:
Cyparagon, not at all. Coherent make diode packages with single diode bars in them up to 30 or 40 watts I believe. I may be wrong though.

Ya, they do... but I think we were talking about 5.6mm diodes... not bars. (At least that what I was talking about...  :p)

The biggest they get in a 5.6mm can is about 1W. I've seen up to 5W on a C-mount and up to 35 in a large block.