Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AtlasNova <5mW 635nm pointer review

H

High_Octane

Your not alone!
I just received my 40th anniversary Type 2 Phaser Pistol a few days ago :)
I was thinking of using it to host a powerful red laser, but I can't get myself to tear it apart. LOL

hehe, don't use it as a host, but replace the LED with a 5mW 635 diode, or even a 5mW 650, i bet it'd light up the end in a far prettier way!

LarryQ

OMFG....

Lasers
Phasers
and Long Fingernails.......

:-* :-* :-*

Whatawoman!!!!!!!!

LarryQ

oops, forgot to mention that one of the beam shots has a 650nm in it too (on the left)...edited to say that now :)

Your camera picked up the difference in color between the 650nm and the 635nm really nicely, my old camera couldn't do that, hopefully my new one will do it as good as yours. Thanks for the review, even though I already have a little 5mW 635nm module I might pick up one of these because it is nicely integrated in a pointer.

actually it's just a digital camcorder, does a real good job at photos though... it isn't mine but my flatmate's unfortunately :( hehe

Milos

NIICCEEEE !!

I like the way unit looks too.
If you have time maybe you can try to take some beam comparison shots between 635 and 650nm. Your camera is differentiating it quite well.
I tried with my cannon with not much luck.

Congrats!!!
You officially joined the 635nm club ! :cool:

Milos said:
NIICCEEEE !!

I like the way unit looks too.
If you have time maybe you can try to take some beam comparison shots between 635 and 650nm. Your camera is differentiating it quite well.
I tried with my cannon with not much luck.

Congrats!!!
You officially joined the 635nm club ! :cool:
well, one of the shots is a comparison of the dots, it'll be tough to get a beamshot of a 650!

Milos

Beam is always a though thing to photograph. Specially in low powered reds. I don't have fog machine but I burn incense sticks instead to get some smoke going. Works quite good.
This is the best I could get my 635nm vs. 650nm but the difference in color on this photo does not serve the justice. Even brightness should be more contrasting. It was about 3mW of 650 vs. 5-6mW of 635nm.
I think your camera sensor very good in this range.

Attachments

• 635nmvs_650nm.jpg
    635nmvs_650nm.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 196
Ah... I had to break down and order one of these! I have that 10mW module coming from Aixiz but wanted the instant satisfaction of the Atlasnova ready made pointer to play with right away. It's all your fault Marianne! ;)

jasturbo02 said:
Ah... I had to break down and order one of these! I have that 10mW module coming from Aixiz but wanted the instant satisfaction of the Atlasnova ready made pointer to play with right away. It's all your fault Marianne! ;)

Haha I'm sure it will be good to have both. Could you post some pics of the module once you receive it? Thanks!

Sure thing! I want to make a nice pen out of it using easy to get parts and post a how-to everyone can follow. This module is supposed (I hope) to have the driver built-in and I hope that it's regulated so all I need to focus on is the housing design. I was tossing around the idea of using copper tubing and painting it black with rubberized black paint. It says the module needs 3.2 volts so I could maybe use a rechargeable Cr123a which is 3.6 volts or maybe 3 AA's. I have some of the Aixiz 5mW 650nm modules and was running 7.4 volts through one for about 5 minutes without it getting hot so I hope the 635nm modules have the same regulation and durability. I think Marianne said she has some of these 635mn modules from Aixiz as well.

jasturbo - i've bought them but i don't have them yet, one is a present to senkat and the other he's gonna make me into a pointer and send it to me :) and i'm terribly sorry i made you buy the atlasnova but if you're like me you'll love it n think it well worth the $24!! :)