Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Assault Intervention Device" in LA

This has been discussed before.

People really need to learn to search.

Last edited:
I've seen The Dazer but WTF is that un-godly thing?!
They are putting that in the hands of correction officers?!
In case this seems ok, Stanford prison experiment anyone?
How about the Milgram experiment? Instead, now its "You may use the laser on anyone who resists".
Is there even a tamper-proof camera built into it to record all use? Ha, not likely.

Of course abuse of power is a much larger issue then jails or this weapon. We seem to just have the inherent ability to go amoral & even sadistic given the proper situation.
I love how when people see horrid crimes they like to call the perpetrators "monsters". Thats merely an attempt convince themselves that those acts are a rare aberration & to create distance from it & the world they (think they) know. Sorry but that "monster" could be your neighbor, cousin, son, you. But whatever it takes to comfort yourself..

...Wow /endrant

Last edited:
Ungodly thing? It's just outputs directional millimeter length microwave radiation. Pretty much a smaller version of the crowd scattering thing the army played with for a while. That wavelength penetrates less than 1/64" through skin so it's harmless other than feeling like a really strong radiant heat source. Certainly much safer than rubber bullets/beanbags, HP water, tear gas, etc, for crowd control when a riot breaks out... Or in this case.. sending guards in with tazers and pepper spray to break up prision fights.... and the people in prison/jail did something very bad to end up there.. It's not like this is being used on innocent kindergarten children...

If these start appearing on street corners.. Hell yeah i'll be in an uproar then. But in prisons/jails? Use the hell out of them as far as i'm concerned.

Last edited: