Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aspheric lens $28 Shipped

Here it is: Laser housing for 445nm diode, aspheric lens WOW! - eBay (item 230582025341 end time Mar-06-11 06:57:07 PST)

Anyone have any experience with these? Seems like a good deal if they are decent. looking at the photo without flash, the splash looks awful. I sure hope someone here on the forums with a meter has bought (or will buy) one of these and tested it. (jayrob? :) ) It seems like his kind of thing :D

Edit: Ohh man, I could have sworn i was under the Deals and Discount section :/. Hopefully a mod can move this there

Last edited:

With no specs, it's not worth the price. It looks like some cheapo plastic Aixiz lens. Maybe you should buy it and send it to jayrob to test.

With no specs, it's not worth the price. It looks like some cheapo plastic Aixiz lens. Maybe you should buy it and send it to jayrob to test.

Exactly my thoughts.

That lens looks suspiciously like an Aixiz acrylic lens in that photo.

I emailed the seller asking whether it was glass or had any kind of spec sheet--no response . Seems like a scam

Holokidd has been around for a while, from what I can tell he sells parted out pieces of wholes that he buys off ebay. He has dried up since his source for cheap DPSS parts ran out. The price seems a bit steep for something your not sure will work.
Going through a forum member allows you to communicate what you are really after.....and I personally believe is sometimes worth a little extra on the price.
Just my thoughts.....:beer:

GBD

Yeah, looks like a cheap lens to me. (also the module itself could be done better for easier and more efficient heatsinking).
If his messurements are acurate in the listing, the 10$ O-like counter part (glass lens and module) beats this one.

Also, as stated before there are no specs. is this lens AR coated? is this more then one lens in the assembly or is it single lens? is it plastic? Is it glass? (that is pretty important too, plastic will melt with these diodes doing 1W>

I dont know if its just me, but I personally dont really trust anyone who puts WOW! in thier descriptions, makes me feel as the seller isnt even serious about what they are doing IMO.