Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Asic scrypt miner?

I have been wanting to start mining for a while now, but I have been advised many times not to start now. I understand that the ROI would take a while.

I just found these asic scrypt miners that will be shipping toward the end of May. There is one called zues blizzard that mines at 1.2Mh/s for only $200.

Would this be worth getting? From what I can tell, if you were to GPU mine the setup would cost you around $800 to mine at 1.2Mh/s and they pull a lot more power. But now with the scrypt asic miners you can mine at 1.2Mh/s for only $200 and it uses a lot less power.

So would it be worth it to buy?

My recommendation is do not preorder mining hardware, ever. Far too many people have gotten boned by ASIC companies that have delivered in the past, let alone a company that is brand new on the scene.

Last edited:

NKO29

Well, you have to calculate what you stand to make if you buy it then decide whether or not it's worth it :p But yes, asic miners tend to be ALOT more efficient than GPUs :)

The best Asic Scrypt Miners are grid seed, Personally I haven't used them but a lot of other miners have said gridseed are very good, even though the are better then gpu's because they use nearly no electricity, I prefer gpu's because the mining community hate asic miners because big corporations with loads of money can buy loads and mine all the coins up. Eventually when asic miners become more cheaper and powerful people with gpu's will mine scrypt-n coin like vertcoin and asic miners will become useless as all the new coins will use scrypt-n which is resistance to asic miners to stop big corporations from mining.

Last edited:
Never pre-order though as the company actually uses the hardware for a while to turn a profit and then releases used hardware as new.