Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARGH CUSTOMS

Hi all,

I'm sure many people have heard about the new laws on importing lasers into Australia. I know there have been many discussions about it but I felt like I had to write something to let off some steam.

I believe the government has overreacted to the hole situation, I mean they will never stop a person who wants a laser getting one. Sure they can make it a bit more difficult, but its not garenteed. It's only a minority of the people with laser pointers who misuse them, and something should be done about catching them, not banning something so useful and common in society, it is rediculous. why not ban lighters cos people set things on fire and misuse them?

Lasers are in everything everywhere, there wouldnt be a person in australia who doesnt own something with a laser, and at least half of those things a person could make a high-powered laser out of. Is it really so hard to find out where a line of light is coming from? (since the issue is because of green lasers).

Now you have to get permits or something which takes three weeks.
At least there is no ban on diodes and things you need to build lasers, so now thats what I have to do and since I'm not an expert it probly wont be easy. Hopefully this site will help I'm sure.

But anyways, has anyone actually applied for a permitt in australia to get a laser yet, let me know if you do, it would be interesting to see how it's done

Thanks [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey, welcome to the site, i like the way you posted in red and green. don't see this type of creativity very often

i hope people stop being dumb with lasers but there are always going to be some idiots out there

caleb

permit, hell no, the govt. can kill themselves. :mad:
also, how old are you and what state you in.