Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are these safety Glasses good enough?

Hibro

Honestly it can't be tell by looking at the picture unless it is actually bought and tested. Those chinese crap goggles is everywhere I have one from ebay and it done nothing to the red laser. Good luck to you.

sure buy those but be warned: you might blind yourself in style!!!
invest more money and buy a pair of certified goggle from Survival Laser.

sure buy those but be warned: you might blind yourself in style!!!
invest more money and buy a pair of certified goggle from Survival Laser.

56$ for a such low power laser? not so low but you get the idea (42.99$ + 13$ cheapest shipping) the laser itself cost only 20$ i'm not going to dirctly aiming at my eyes but just for burning stuff I think it's enough
also I think 16$ chinese glasses are considerd alright
p.s i'm open to more offers <20$
thx.

Last edited:
I would NOT trust those, the lenses look weak, my cheap 660nm glasses are dark blue, I got a 2nd pair that were light blue and they were dangerous, the laser went right through, so now I only buy eagle pair from survival lasers.

These are much darker blue, do you see the difference?

660%20protection_zpsmigkcdey.png

660 lasers can hold a tight energy dense beam, you need good glasses.

http://www.survivallaserusa.com/Eag...nm_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862077.aspx

Last edited:
I would NOT trust those, the lenses look weak, my cheap 660nm glasses are dark blue, I got a 2nd pair that were light blue and they were dangerous, the laser went right through, so now I only buy eagle pair from survival lasers.

These are much darker blue, do you see the difference?

660 lasers can hold a tight energy dense beam, you need good glasses.

Eagle Pair® 190-400nm & 580-760nm Laser Safety Goggles

do you real think it worth it? I mean 100~200 mW laser real need 56$ goggles?
are these goggles IR protected? cuz I don't know if the laser I get have an IR Fliter on it it's a chinese laser pointer but can burn thx for your reply

GSS

The thing is no one on this forum seems to be happy with 1 laser. Once you get your first the addiction starts and within a very short time you will have many. Your stuck on not buying the more expensive and better on saftey glasses. Is it a money issue or the point that you only have 1 laser thats so called not that powerful? 100mw is strong dont be fooled. Once the addiction starts you will find the money for more lasers so $25 more now isnt that bad. If your set in your way at least look into a pair of HDE blue glasses for red lasers. They do fall into the better than nothing catagory but members here have tested them and they arent to bad. Dont fall for the generic copys with no lableing true HDE,s have it written on them. I fell for is a while ago and got a pair and they were absolute garbage and were very light blue.

diachi

do you real think it worth it? I mean 100~200 mW laser real need 56$ goggles?
are these goggles IR protected? cuz I don't know if the laser I get have an IR Fliter on it it's a chinese laser pointer but can burn thx for your reply

How much is your eyesight worth to you? ;)

No IR with a red pointer, so you're covered there.

Last edited:
I just noticed that the side blockers on those cheap glasses are translucent amber, that's useless for stopping red, they took a pair of green blocking glasses and put in some puny light blue lenses, the good glasses have some wrap around to protect peripheral, also they are only 42 dollars.

OVNI

What you want to know about the goggles is the specification called Optical Density, or OD. This calculator can determine what you need. I recommend doing that then asking the seller what this product's OD is. Even 100mW is plenty strong enough that if it accidentally reflects off of something shiny and into your eyes it can do irreversible damage.

This site has a good description of laser safety.

Pay close attention to everyone's advice, concerns, and warnings. You won't get a second chance if you damage your eyes.

Good luck.

OVNI

Last edited:
I have a related question.

I'm about to buy a SF501B 1W laser 445nm. For now, till I get some extra funds, I can only get a cheap ebay pair. (I know, I know!) soon after that will come the eagle pair.

My only question is, is dark green the right color, or what is?

diachi

I have a related question.

I'm about to buy a SF501B 1W laser 445nm. For now, till I get some extra funds, I can only get a cheap ebay pair. (I know, I know!) soon after that will come the eagle pair.

My only question is, is dark green the right color, or what is?

That's half the problem with these eBay glasses, they don't list which glasses go with which wavelengths. Glasses for blue and green are usually red/orange in colour. Green coloured glasses are often for IR, however, I don't imagine that's a universal thing.

Best to hold off and spend the money on the Eagle Pair, I wouldn't trust those glasses from eBay/China at all.

That's half the problem with these eBay glasses, they don't list which glasses go with which wavelengths. Glasses for blue and green are usually red/orange in colour. Green coloured glasses are often for IR, however, I don't imagine that's a universal thing.

Best to hold off and spend the money on the Eagle Pair, I wouldn't trust those glasses from eBay/China at all.
Well, I completely agree with you, but I'd rather have a $5 piece of plastic for my eyes than nothing at all when it arrives.

Last edited: