Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are there any books or magazines on lasers?

Blackholesun

Hi,
I'm looking for some material on lasers. Books, magazines, anything to help with the hobby.
Thanks.

Hi,
I'm looking for some material on lasers. Books, magazines, anything to help with the hobby.
Thanks.

Laser Focus World Magazine >>

2105LFW_C1.60954e94b8478.png

Really depends on what you are trying to find out. One book that really goes into great detail on lasers is Solid State Laser Engineering, by Walter Koechner. I also have many books on holography if you are interested in that.

Blackholesun

Hello again.
I am mostly interested in hobby laser material. I think we can skip the physics. Anything for building pointers would be good. Laser light show material. Laser art. Lasers in photography.
Thanks for any suggestions. I will look them all over. =)

There are several older threads where members showed off their laser photos. Many used prisms and other glass materials. You should search for those if interested.

Eidetic over on the old discord suggested this.

---------edited---------

The most important information you need to understand is laser safety, at the very least wearing the appropriate laser safety glasses to attenuate the wavelength you're working with is a must and it should go without saying that responsible lasing is mandatory at all times.

Remember many mistakes can result in a lifelong disability and should one impart said disability upon another then legal repercussions could result as well as regret, so remember safety first and don't take any shortcuts, don't think " I'll just take a peek at the lens without removing the batteries " make a mental list of your safety rules and always follow them.

My first 3 rules are:

#1 Laser safety glasses

#2 If you're not in a laser lab then STOP, LOOK and LISTEN before lasing, make sure there are no aircraft, approaching cars or children playing nearby before operating a laser outdoors in a safe manner.

#3 Always keep a hand held laser pointed in a safe direction.

And remember to take your time, it's a hobby after all.

Last edited: