Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Are Robotic infantry / Robot police within a decade away ?

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
With the constant advancements in robotics, electronics, batteries, AI the question I must ask is..... are we less than a decade away from walking, talking autonomous robot police ?
My concern is once robotic soldiers/enforcers are perfected, then the power already in the hands of a few will have become much more dangerous as robots will not question orders and they don't have families, in other words, they will carry out ANY orders.

That said I would like to review the technical achievements thus far, please add any info you have found.
But 1st.... some entertainment.

Ok that was fun, now on to the more technical videos/info.

Last edited:

Crazy. Also a good answer when someone asks why the citizens need heavy weapons. When these mindless robot enforcers are ordered crack down on any and all dissent a .50 BMG rifle and TOW heavy ATGMs would be great to turn cyborg infantry and mindless robot minions into scrap metal.

• Wow
Reactions: GSS
I remember about maby 10+ years ago the robots would fall over trying to walk :giggle: This is when I was watching Honda building them.

They do give me the spooks for some reason:whistle:

Last edited:
I remember about maby 10+ years ago the robots would fall over trying to walk :giggle: This is when I was watching Honda building them.

They do give me the spooks for some reason:whistle:

I seem to remember that LOL! There was one video of a demonstration on stage of a humanoid robot trying to walk down a small set of stairs. Then suddenly it fell, hit the ground and broke, and they quickly closed the curtains and stopped the demo. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, some get close to that uncanny valley effect, like those anime maid robots that were being built for a fully robotic maid cafe. Responses have been everything from super creepy to super cute. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: GSS
Humans are the only species (that we know of) that would create another species that will end up destroying us...... fucking humans!

This seems like another conspiracy theory. I don't see this coming to fruition any time soon, like within a decade.

This seems like another conspiracy theory. I don't see this coming to fruition any time soon, like within a decade.
5 years ago plots from iRobot, bicentennial man, stealth etc seemed ridiculous and out there for the timeframe. But seeing how robotics and generative AI has grown since then, it’s becoming closer than we think. Out of the ones mentioned it’s currently stealth that is the closest to current reality. But of course it would be. A lot of investment goes into weapons.

Imagine a 1 million X 1 million formation of those anime maid robots charging across the battlefield.

Then suddenly they are attacked by dozens of Apache Gunships, strafing them with 30mm auto cannon fire and obliterating whole groups in a deadly rain of Hellfire missiles. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Actually flying drones of all sizes are in battlefield use right now and wheeled/tracked drones as well, the only thing to be perfected is the crawling/walking/running of bipedal/multipedal drones which is moving right along thanks to more powerful and more compact electronics.

Hell a gyro used to have moving parts, but today our cellphones have tiny chip based accelerometers and yaw sensors, I think 10 years is plenty of time, actually it may not take even that long to perfect basic walking drones...... now the refinement into fully interactive thinking AI robotic beings will take additional time.

Last edited:

Back