Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone with operational experience with Stun-Guns ( Teaser )

Since a while i'm looking for a powerful pocket size Electroshocker. I found out with those i can buy in my area you make your enemy you wanna knock off only more angry. With this Stun-Guns here available you only provoke, not more. I know, a Teaser would do a perfect job. But the Teaser is just to big. Anyone who knows a good electroshock?
Thanks for your help !

3Pig

At the wickedly high voltage required I would not trust a homemade contraption to give a shock below the lethal level and enough to stop someone. 10ma too much current and you could kill someone.

But if you just want some arcs get a flyback and a zvs driver or a a microwave transformer. Hours of fun :D

About 25 years ago I had a nice one, one day I decided to lay it in my lap and accidentally pushed the button! I wouldn't want one that would incapacitate someone that severely but I am sure you can find one, if you look enough.

a microwave transformer. Hours of fun :D

:tsk: NO. Microwave Transformers are LETHAL. NO EXCEPTIONS. IT KILLS PEOPLE.

MOTs are to be used by skilled individuals in controlled environments only.

As for finding a good stun-gun, it isn't just voltage that is required for incapacitation; you need a certain amount of energy (joules) per pulse, and a certain pulse rate. The voltage only needs to be sufficiently high enough to overcome typical skin resistance (~5MOhm). Super high voltage ratings are a marketing gimmick.

I know. Those stupid high voltage dosent matter. It is all about the Amperes.

A current limited supply of precisely 9.5mA @ above 50kV, with a rep rate of 90-400Hz would do the trick. DC works best. Incapacitation of course relies greatly upon electrode placement and continuous use (it won't cause most people to lose consciousness, but the muscle contractions will prevent them from doing just about anything).

Ouch, that does sound painful. I guess those devices aren't illegal where you live, even with my low powered one it was enough to get me screaming with involuntary muscle contractions, powered only by a single 9 volt battery.