Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone tried these

Noid

I Just got my nexus 95mw laser and wanted to know If theres someone on here that has good feedback when it comes to modifying lasers? I would like my laser to burn things more easily without the aid of something detached, if possible,,,What would be the mods that someone would likely do and apprx. price? ALSO I HAVE purchased Duracell rechargeable batteries,,,the AAA are NimH/1.2v/ 900mAh and wanted to know if they would be safe to use in my nexus (only takes 15 mins to completley recharge

T

timelord

Noid said:
I Just got my nexus 95mw laser and wanted to know If theres someone on here that has good feedback when it comes to modifying lasers? I would like my laser to burn things more easily without the aid of something detached, if possible,,,What would be the mods that someone would likely do and apprx. price? ALSO I HAVE purchased Duracell rechargeable batteries,,,the AAA are NimH/1.2v/ 900mAh and wanted to know if they would be safe to use in my nexus (only takes 15 mins to completley recharge

The batteries will be just fine but if you really want the top performance from your laser then use lithiums.

S

SenKat

Noid said:

I would wait until your warranty is gone on the Nexus prior to attempting to mod it. There IS a pot-mod out there for the Nexus, but I looked at it, and it appears pretty tough to get to the pot without modding the case a bit - just my observations. They DO make 1000mah AAA rechargables - I only have 850's and 900's though - I am going to get some Lithiums this weekend to slap in the Nexus though - and test its' output power then !

OR - if it is still within the return period - return the thing, and get a DL 125mw for LESS !!
That is my personal suggestion - although my opinion IS tainted by other non-related items (see my post in OTHER) LOL !

Noid

So basically there will be no rechareables that will preform like lithiums?

S

SenKat

I like the performance of my rechargeables - BUT I have heard that lithiums are by far the best - have not tried them yet, though....I bought my Nexus second hand, so I have nothing to lose by trying them out - but you may wanna check, since yours IS newer - check with WL to see if it is okay to use Lithiums...

T

timelord

The green lasers can handle the lithiums easily because the diode is a 500mw with a driver board to maintain the current. The pulsars are the lasers that die if lithiums are used as they don't have a driver board in them.

Noid

Ya I purchased my nexus through another fourm with goggles, and dragon case for 320.00,,,, the nexus is new,,, sent to the guy because his other one had a problem. Im trying to contact him now because I want better burning capabilities and was thinking that if i can send it back to WL, then I will pay the difference and buy the new eveloution series 125mw

Reactions: ARG