Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone seen this 465nm laser?

Benm

You sir are correct, but on the contrary, ti:sapphire systems are usually pumped with 532nm, which is ultimately diode pumped! ;)

By that logic all lasers are fusion powered... from sun irradiating the earth, plants growing, critters eating them, rotting down to oil/coal, that we burn in power plants, eventually coming out of the wall socket that you plug the laser into :D

Looking at the big picture is always unfortunate: Solar power is non-renewable since the universe will eventually run out of hydrogen to fuse :)

You forgot about the fact that my regular visits to Taco Bell consequently allow more of that radiation to reach through the Earth's atmosphere... if you know what I mean..

By that logic all lasers are fusion powered... from sun irradiating the earth, plants growing, critters eating them, rotting down to oil/coal, that we burn in power plants, eventually coming out of the wall socket that you plug the laser into :D

Looking at the big picture is always unfortunate: Solar power is non-renewable since the universe will eventually run out of hydrogen to fuse :)

I used to argue this fact all the time in my high school physics class. Eventually Mr. K just stopped asking where the energy to do "X" came from because he knew what was coming next.

Benm

Ah well, annoying teachers is sometimes allowed. I remember this obligatory class when studying for chemistry that dealt with environmental issues and such. Boring as it was, at least we got to give some correct anwers: Sometimes they asked where the energy for process X ultimately came from, looking for answers like 'hydropower' or 'coal fired plant'.

Being a bunch of science students forced to endure this environmental bullshit, the most common answer to those was 'the big bang'. And they had to accept it as correct too, since its quite easy to demonstrate, and they did say 'ultimately'.