Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in starting a Pass around?

These have worked successfully on other forums, most notably candlepowerforum.com.

Some of you guys with many lasers, set ups, etc. may be willing to start.  We could keep it secure and owner would always know who had his laser.

We need someone to volunteer a laser to start this. I volunteer to research how CPF does it and to assist starting the bookkeeping.

Im thinking maybe a 50-100mw greenie to start. Should let us "popless" laser owner get a feel for some power.

Let me know.

Neo

That would actually be kinda cool.

I would be worried about someone stealing the laser though... We would have to make a contract, and shipping would always have to be insured.

Agreed there would have to be certain rules to follow and owner of the laser would have to know who was getting the light, maybe a phone number for each person wanting to try it, and screening out people that they didnt want to send it to.

However it is doable. Even if only one or 2 people wanted to try it.

Neo

S

SenKat

Well, I would personally worry about this...I mean, accidents happen - so it would have to be replaceable, you know ?  I mean - I cannot afford to replace a Herc, for example if something happens and it breaks while in my possesion - so I for one would be a little scared of doing this...

I sent a 50mw laser out recently, and last I knew it worked fine - but even though it was packed well, etc....within 2 days it was dead.  NOT hammering hte person that received it - it could very well have been a POS I sent out - I have another to replace it with which I will be sending out next week - that isn't the point.  The point is, it was most likely damaged in shipping, and with no "provable" evidence, it would never get paid for by the post office, etc...know what I mean ?  I am POSITIVE the receiver did not break it !  It is a risky venture in my book - I would have to count myself out on this one, sorry all :(  

SenKat said:
Well, I would personally worry about this...I mean, accidents happen - so it would have to be replaceable, you know ? I mean - I cannot afford to replace a Herc, for example if something happens and it breaks while in my possesion - so I for one would be a little scared of doing this...

I sent a 50mw laser out recently, and last I knew it worked fine - but even though it was packed well, etc....within 2 days it was dead. NOT hammering hte person that received it - it could very well have been a POS I sent out - I have another to replace it with which I will be sending out next week - that isn't the point. The point is, it was most likely damaged in shipping, and with no "provable" evidence, it would never get paid for by the post office, etc...know what I mean ? I am POSITIVE the receiver did not break it ! It is a risky venture in my book - I would have to count myself out on this one, sorry all :(

Yeah, this is vary true.

Sorry, but even if someone donated a laser to do this, I would probably not take part in this.

Ah, that is too bad guys. Maybe someone else will step up to the plate. SenKat , I was hoping with all your lasers , you may have something to pass around.  Maybe on a more private one on one situation?

Before we nix this idea, lets wait to hear from others.

Neo

S

SenKat

I could be convinced - but like I said - it would have to be replaceable. NOT trying to be a stick in the mud by ANY means, I promise !

T

timelord

I'm too poor and too mean to lend my babies out. Unless there is a slosh fund kinda like an insurance agreed by all the participant and paid by all participant too. Then at least if it all goes pete tong (wrong) the laser can be replaced for the person that loses it. This will have to be properly agreed amongst all who participate...

K

kingzilla

The person who borrowed the laser would need to give me full value as collateral before I would even consider this. The post office is th next problem, many lasers get bumped around in the mail, so unless I had the money in my hand, I would not participate. I really can't afford to lose a laser.

T

timelord

Packaging will be a paramount thing of course bubble wrap and boxes etc...

It would definitely need to have signature conformation too, or else Im sure someone would just say "i never got it" and keep it...

crailtap25 said:
It would definitely need to have signature conformation too, or else Im sure someone would just say "i never got it" and keep it...

True, and with all of this the cost for shipping would be really high. You might be better off just buying an ebazer.

K

kingzilla

Really, I am not worried about someone stealing my laser (tommygreen23 is long gone ;D), I am just concerned about an accident, like someone drops my laser, or it falls into a pool, or a bird eats it...etc. I guess we could start a full insurance fund, at the beginning everyone puts in an equal amount totalling the cost of the laser. If the laser is lost, then the owner keeps the money. I would also want to screen the people that would be getting the laser. Maybe you have to be here for a certain time, berfore you are allowed to participate. This can work, we just have to be real carfull. :)

T

timelord

Don't forge dropping it from a hot air balloon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

T

timelord

And the 4 spyders that rolled off the roof too ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D