Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have info on these lasers? Bought one here in 2015 and bought one used.

One of them I bought here in 2015 or so. I believe it’s called a Kryton something (made by a member here, anyone know who?). It’s the glowing one. The other one I bought used at a garage sale a few years back, the seller couldn’t tell me much about it. Both of them work. I seem to remember that CR123A and 16340 function differently in lasers even if they both fit. I need to get a couple new batteries for them and need some recommendations. I’ll probably go non-rechargeable for now since I don’t want to buy a charger. I still have safety glasses, so no worries there. Here are a couple photos:
Thanks LPF!

The Gatling one has a poor reputation as there is little aluminum in them for good heat sinking. I have many chargers, but use my Opus BT-C3100 almost exclusively as it has many functions that allow one to test in ways that other chargers don't. But, you can get chargers that are not expensive at all. I've seen the other laser here before, but don't remember who produced them. Sorry. Might want to look at badboybilly's lasers as he might have made these before he got yanked by the Australian government. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

@grainde hey, do you remember want info about these? I can’t remember how much I paid, how strong it is, etc haha. Also looking for some new batteries for it now if you have recommendations. 2015 feels like a lifetime ago now.

Hi Ryan, sorry don’t often log in these days. If you send me a PM with your name and/ or email address I’ll try to dig up the info.
Hope everyone is doing well! ATB

Hi Ryan, sorry don’t often log in these days. If you send me a PM with your name and/ or email address I’ll try to dig up the info.
Hope everyone is doing well! ATB

Nice to see you back here again. I had thought you might have quit LPF. Take care.

Thanks Paul, good to see you are still around too!
Nope I never left, just reduced my hours...;)
FYI I plan to get back in to lasers some time in the near future and post some builds... Im sure there are some new impressive wavelengths, lenses etc that are craving for the odd Sinner host..! :)

Thanks Paul, good to see you are still around too!
Nope I never left, just reduced my hours...;)
FYI I plan to get back in to lasers some time in the near future and post some builds... Im sure there are some new impressive wavelengths, lenses etc that are craving for the odd Sinner host..! :)

Yeah, I bought many of sinner's hosts back in the day. I have two MS-SSW II hosts and several Envies. My last build with his SSW II host was an 1100 mW 520 laser which works well for that diode as it dumps a lot of waste heat.

Nice, I still have to build a high power 520 for myself., I built many 520s > 1 W, but they all ended up going to good homes. ;) I still have a few of these left
npj3ZRc (1).jpg

a V1 + several Black Bucks 7 or 8 M44s and a few other hosts...

Edit: To answer the OP above, firstly Im very glad to hear the laser is still going strong after 8 years! I just searched through all my PMs to find you and it looks like you bought the following:

Polished 445 Kryton Groove with G9 lens and X-drive V7 buck and GITD in March 2015.

In these lasers an X-drive V7 buck was used and it will take 2 x 16340 batteries for full power. Please note however, from my old FS thread:

"Notes: The duty cycle is mainly due to the heatsinked X-drive which must cool between cycles. At 1 min the head of the laser will be starting to get warm. I prefer to look after my diodes and therefore recommend shorter run times to extend their lifetimes.

Full power is obtained using 2 x 16340 batteries, however you can also run the lasers on one 18650. The latter will give a around 250 mW and can thus be considered as a low power mode. ;)

I actually used only one 18650 for the beam shots and after a few mins the lasers were not even warm. This means you can run them easily for 5 - 10 mins without issue - dont do this with 2 x LiIon!!

The GITD will last for several hours and needs around 15 mins to fully charge."

!!Important!! Please note + to head and - to tail cap! There is no polariry protection!

Hope this helps! Have also responded to you via PM just in case you miss this. ATB

Last edited:
Nice, I still have to build a high power 520 for myself., I built many 520s > 1 W, but they all ended up going to good homes. ;) I still have a few of these left
View attachment 76310

a V1 + several Black Bucks 7 or 8 M44s and a few other hosts...

Edit: To answer the OP above, firstly Im very glad to hear the laser is still going strong after 8 years! I just searched through all my PMs to find you and it looks like you bought the following:

Polished 445 Kryton Groove with G9 lens and X-drive V7 buck and GITD in March 2015.

In these lasers an X-drive V7 buck was used and it will take 2 x 16340 batteries for full power. Please note however, from my old FS thread:

"Notes: The duty cycle is mainly due to the heatsinked X-drive which must cool between cycles. At 1 min the head of the laser will be starting to get warm. I prefer to look after my diodes and therefore recommend shorter run times to extend their lifetimes.

Full power is obtained using 2 x 16340 batteries, however you can also run the lasers on one 18650. The latter will give a around 250 mW and can thus be considered as a low power mode. ;)

I actually used only one 18650 for the beam shots and after a few mins the lasers were not even warm. This means you can run them easily for 5 - 10 mins without issue - dont do this with 2 x LiIon!!

The GITD will last for several hours and needs around 15 mins to fully charge."

!!Important!! Please note + to head and - to tail cap! There is no polariry protection!

Hope this helps! Have also responded to you via PM just in case you miss it. ATB

That's very cool. Looks like you have a Cyprus all copper host there from sinner. I have one of these too. Good luck with your sale.

Yup, but I dont think Ill be selling that one! I have to find a worthy wavelenght for it.

Yup, but I dont think Ill be selling that one! I have to find a worthy wavelenght for it.

You have to post photos when you do finish it. That particular host is very heavy in the hand. Much heavier than its size would suggest.