Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have experience with either of these (Two Rayfoss 405s)

Jeff88

I got a 200mw Red from Rayfoss a while ago and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm thinking of getting another laser and I was looking at two 405nm ones they offer.

I searched around a bit and couldn't find a review for either of them. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good?

I know they're not super-high powered but that's okay. I'm just getting started in all this and I don't want to put a huge amount of money into it just yet. Start small and all that :)

Thanks for any input!

Jeff88

Any suggestions off their site? I was looking at one of these two:
I've read some reviews about the company and they seem to be pretty reputable. Looks like fast delivery and pretty much within spec?

I would NEVER buy from rayfoss.com.All of their lasers are underspec.But lazerer.com is a very good company which provides free shipping and very fast too!Also their lasers are very good quality and on spec quaranteed!I definately recommend this company.

Jeff88

I've been looking at a few on Lazerer. What about the 400mw Violet (LZMG405-400)? Think that one is any good? I didn't see any reviews for it here or via Google. Would the Eagle Pair 190-470nm & 660-760nm goggles be safe with this?

How do they deal with customs? I'm in the USA and I'd hate to just be out of luck if customs took it. I assume they label it as "parts" or "flashlight"? What if customs does take it? Do they refund/resend? I emailed Lazerer with my questions but I figured I'd ask here while I wait for some response from them and see if anyone has any info.

And thanks for the info about Rayfoss. My 200mw seems okay (although I don't have anything to measure it with) but I probably just got lucky haha. Pops a black balloon on contact and burns through black poster board in about 2 seconds.

EDIT: Got an answer back from Max at Lazerer. Looks like if customs takes your laser you're outta luck. I'm not really comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I've been looking at a few on Lazerer. What about the 400mw Violet (LZMG405-400)? Think that one is any good? I didn't see any reviews for it here or via Google. Would the Eagle Pair 190-470nm & 660-760nm goggles be safe with this?

How do they deal with customs? I'm in the USA and I'd hate to just be out of luck if customs took it. I assume they label it as "parts" or "flashlight"? What if customs does take it? Do they refund/resend? I emailed Lazerer with my questions but I figured I'd ask here while I wait for some response from them and see if anyone has any info.

And thanks for the info about Rayfoss. My 200mw seems okay (although I don't have anything to measure it with) but I probably just got lucky haha. Pops a black balloon on contact and burns through black poster board in about 2 seconds.

EDIT: Got an answer back from Max at Lazerer. Looks like if customs takes your laser you're outta luck. I'm not really comfortable with that.
I will probably buy the violet laser from lazerer too.And i don't think it can be bad quality because as they say the test every laser before sending it to the customer.I believe the only reason that the laser wont be good is because it has been damaged while shipping.But i don't think this will happen because they pack very well the lasers.

As for the goggles they seem pretty good.If you trust survival lasers go for it.I haven't searched if this company is good so i can't tell for sure.If you want sure thing go for dragonlasers.com.Laser Glasses - UV to Green Lasers Protection 190-548nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers This pair will be also perfect for a violet laser and the website is completely trustful.

Now,i don't know how the customs work in America but here in Greece all lasers are getting through customs.I don't think you'll have a problem with customs.And they will probably refund you if something goes wrong.Check out this it has plenty of informations about shipping:Shipping

Anyone have any reviews about these 405's

Hi all, so I've basically been lurking around this forum for a while and now I've joined:D!
Anyways, does anyone have any experience with this
www.rayfoss.com[/FONT]
And this
www.rayfoss.com

Soo sorry guys but I don't get hyperlinks yet so please copy and paste the link:)
I'd like to know in terms of burning ability and cost effectiveness.
Also are there any more reliable websites like rayfoss cos I've been reading that they are going DOWN!
Couple more things. I live in the UK so will it be a problem with customs and what about delivery times
Thank you all in advance , peace

Sta

Rayfoss is not a good company. You should not buy from them. My "150mW" green laser was actually around 50mW.

Ummmm did eithet of you check the last post date before you posted? October 2011........thread has been dead for over two years. Next time someone will negative rep you, enough negative rep = banned. Keep an eye out for OP date and last post date

Sta

Considering that at the time of my post the last post was two days ago, I don't see how there is any blame on me.

Blame hits both of you since you never checked yourself. I caught it and that's the only reason I posted anything. It doesn't matter if you didn't post the original necro-revive or not, you still added to it and at that you added nothing. Your other post about how your laser is 50mW is a bunch of BS. You have 0 proof to back up this claim so your claim is as valid as any claim from WL aka a bunch of crap. Unless you can provide solid LPM proof then don't claim anything in regards to power since the members of the forum will rip you to pieces. LPM or nothing............