Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have a PS3 drive sans sled?

I'm posting this here so it gets a bit more attention than it would in off-topic. I'd hope this isn't a problem, but it does relate closely to violet, since anyone who took apart a PS3 for the sled might still have one. The basic story is that my PS3 drive has died, and I'm pretty sure it is due to a failing in this part:

25211d1263768965-ps3-drive-died-dscf0194-rescaled.jpg

Or possibly the controller board. I'm looking for anyone who has this drive, perhaps having extracted the sled from it already (the sled in my current one seems to be fine). Mine is the one with a single lens, from a fat PS3.

Best luck on ebay, with ps3 written as broken/defective. its your best luck. should be under 100$...

A note: Sony charge 150$ for repair..
-Ranged

Yup, I called their tech support for a quote, got "£130, no wait £101" from the guy. My reply was pretty much "get lost, xbox FTW!". I'm going to try and run some solder over this one and see if it works, but I'm not too hopeful. There's no burn or sign of obvious damage, and the bearings don't feel too worn.

check on ps3boy website, they probably got some sled.

also, if the model you have is still sold, buy same one and swap them/return? (format hdd)