Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone grind lenses

Does anyone hrre ever think of grinding customized lenses? I know the nature of the beast is divergence in diode laser. So why not make lenses that are ground specific to its diode. If it is ground to correct the astgmatism. Wouldnt that be good? They do it for peaple. Or am I just nuts

Rifter

Good point, people grind there own telescope lens all the time so I don't see why this isn't possible for a laser lens.

My question is is it possible to grind a lens on two foci points ie an oval focus to compensate for the shape of a diode's output. Instead of us trying to put a square peg in a round hole so to speak

Rifter

My question is is it possible to grind a lens on two foci points ie an oval focus to compensate for the shape of a diode's output. Instead of us trying to put a square peg in a round hole so to speak

I don't see any reason why that isn't possible, but can also see the small size of the lens making it very difficult to do by hand. Probably possible with a machine though.

pretty small compared with telescope lenses

BUT AixiZ sells the 'nuts' for standard lenses- cheap too...they NOW also for $8 have a new lens that is a LOT like the spendy G lens.

hak

see at aixiz.com