Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone ever use Anti-Reflex Coating Stripper?

I damaged the AR coating on a lens trying to shoot 532nm through a 1064 AR coated lens, I'd like to remove the damaged coating, has anyone here ever removed the AR coating with a acid product such as is made by Opto Chemicals: OMS Opto Chemicals Home Page called Anti-Reflex Coating Stripper?

SteveT

I damaged the AR coating on a lens trying to shoot 532nm through a 1064 AR coated lens, I'd like to remove the damaged coating, has anyone here ever removed the AR coating with a acid product such as is made by Opto Chemicals: OMS Opto Chemicals Home Page called Anti-Reflex Coating Stripper?

I have never used that specific brand although I understand these treatments are basically hydrofluoric acid mixes which are highly corrosive. I decoated some glasses lenses a few years back (plastic) with good results. However I have heard that the acids used in this stuff can possibly damage/etch glass so could possibly screw up a G2 for example. Might pay to do some research on the side effects!