Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anyone ever buy from eBay user "demonerrr"?

ixfd64

Has anyone here ever bought any 405 nm laser pointers from "demonerrr" on eBay?

The price is very attractive, and the user has sold 365 of them so far, but I'm not sure how they compare to LPF standards. Or are they all about the same?

Last edited:

If this is a pen pointer --AFAIK most are all made at one or just a few places-
so paying too much often happens if you do not choose carefully.
I hyave come to the conclusion that we should not ecoect too much when we get lucky and win a free shipping auction for 3 pcs RG &V for around $12- I am content if at least two work when delivered- and not all that surprized if one fails later..
I recently got three from China with one DOA (the 405IIRC) so I contacted the china seller who sent me a second one free---sadly it too ws DOA- asking for another replacement got a reply that they could do that but only if I sent a few$$ for shipping so I gave up on that idea. IIRC it was 'etimeshop' or something like that- & I had to low bid several auctions to get that lowest price. my other advice to some-- read the sellers rep-looks for ones with very few negs-- I only bid on free shipping auctions- NOT BINs or ones wanting shipping.
----
hope that has been helpful to some--Len

ixfd64

The user in question has 98.4% positive feedback over one-quarter million items, the vast majority of which are not lasers.

The problem is it's going to take a long time to sift through the non-laser items; there seems to be no option for finding feedback on specific sales, and the Google method doesn't work anymore because the robots.txt file for feedback.ebay.com blocks all search engines. Anyone know of another way to search for feedback on a specific item?

Last edited:
The user in question has 98.4% positive feedback over one-quarter million items, the vast majority of which are not lasers.

The problem is it's going to take a long time to sift through the non-laser items; there seems to be no option for finding feedback on specific sales, and the Google method doesn't work anymore because the robots.txt file for feedback.ebay.com blocks all search engines. Anyone know of another way to search for feedback on a specific item?

You can do an advanced search on ebay with the sleets name and description. Looks like he hasn't sold too many lasers. Laser Pointer | eBay

I just last week received a 405nm laser from eBay, paid a little extra to get one that wasn't in a pen host and also reached me in 3days being sent from within the USA.

Here's what I baught:
405nm 5mW Blue Violet Laser Pointer Beam High Power Adjustable Focus Charger | eBay

I'll post a review soon. It has a lens barrel that's glued in place in a piece that screws into the cap so the cap goes in and out to focus, and I assume its an acrylic lens? It lpmed at 88mw and appears very stable. The diode is inside a brassmodule inside the host, and it runs off a 16340 battery.

I'm very happy with it for $18, free shipping, and got it in 3 days!
I use it for charging up the gitd stars on my sons bedroom ceiling.

Last edited:
I've bought numerous cheap laser pens from a variety of sellers on ebay, and I've never had any issues with any of them. For a few $ and free shipping, its worth it. I have a 405 pen I bought off ebay for 4$ and its lasted me 2 years so far.

ixfd64

Maybe a bit of bad news: the user's feedback has dropped from 98.4% to 98.2% over the past two weeks, and most of the complaints are from users that did not receive their item. I hope I won't be one of them. :O

Zeebit

Those people are impatient. We just went by the holiday seasons. The postal systems get overloaded. It can take up to a couuple months for the items to arrive. I've also ordered a few stuff from eBay and I still have not received any and it is past a month already.