Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone Dealt With TNT shipping?

GR3EN

My 589nm should be here tomorrow from dragon lasers. My question is if anyone has dealt with TNT before (the company they chose to ship with) I've been ready very mixed reviews online. If anyone has dealt with them I have a few questions:

1. How reliable are they?
2. Do they charge import fees? (yes I know import fees/customs duties etc rely on the item, cost, etc.)
3. When do they typically deliver their packages

Or for people who have dealt with DL before have you been charged an import fee/customs duties after receiving one of their lasers.

I have been searching the subject for a little while now. Regardless I should have my 589nm tomorrow if all goes according to plan.

Thanks for reading,
GR3EN

*****************UPDATE**************

This is so in case anyone else orders something from DL or else where and they ship TNT. It turns out that once you're shipping location status changes to USA Others that means it was transferred to separate carrier. Mine for instance was transferred to Fed-Ex. So once you see USA Others on your tracking call the 800 number for TNT and ask them for the shipping number of the carrier service it was transferred to.

Package will be here today :)

Last edited:

I have never ordered a laser from China or HK but I don't think there are import fees/customs duties, I have never seen anyone mention that before here, it should be labeled as something like flashlight parts or something and with a value way less than what it cost. Your real danger is if customs examines it, because they are on the import ban: Import Alert 95-04 I am sure you will get it though.

Alan

GR3EN

I have never ordered a laser from China or HK but I don't think there are import fees/customs duties, I have never seen anyone mention that before here, it should be labeled as something like flashlight parts or something and with a value way less than what it cost. Your real danger is if customs examines it, because they are on the import ban: Import Alert 95-04 I am sure you will get it though.

Alan

Thanks for the input. Luckily it already passed customs without a hitch. It's in Alabama right now on schedule to be delivered to me tomorrow.

Thanks for the input. Luckily it already passed customs without a hitch. It's in Alabama right now on schedule to be delivered to me tomorrow.

I just want to add your a lucky fellow, look at you getting 50mW's of 589! :)

Im guessing a review is due tomorrow? If so, I will definitely be looking out for it.

-Alex

Last edited:

GR3EN

I just want to add your a lucky fellow, look at you getting 50mW's of 589! :)

Im guessing a review is due tomorrow? If so, I will definitely be looking out for it.

-Alex

Hopefully. If all goes well. That's why I asked about this shipping company. The tracking said in transit in Alabama then onforwarded to delivery in Alabama then this morning updated to arrived at TNT location in Alabama. All 3 with the exact same location in Alabama. Kind of odd. Almost like working backwards.

Last edited:
I have bought from Dragon Lasers several times in the past and always get my items and always very well packaged. No import fees to worry about.
Please put up a review and some pictures of it. If possible meter it also we want to see what it puts out

GR3EN

I have bought from Dragon Lasers several times in the past and always get my items and always very well packaged. No import fees to worry about.
Please put up a review and some pictures of it. If possible meter it also we want to see what it puts out

Pictures will definitely come after I receive it. Metering it however won't be possible for a little while. My money for a meter went to the 600mw 532nm I'm waiting on as well. I do plan on probably sending it to someone to be metered after I have a week or two with it to enjoy.

USAbro

I thought this thread was going to be about shipping TNT (explosive)