Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one got a broken digital projector?

diachi

I'm on the lookout for another argon already ;D doubt I'll get as good a deal as that last one though, thanks again btw :p

EDIT : actually there is a HGM on eBay for cheap, but sadly it's pickup only, and it's in england :(

Sorry for the Hijack btw :p

ben74

I tried ebay but cant find any and Diachi there was a 20mW argon on ebay and it went for £47+shipping would of bought it but i decided to do something else just hope i can get it to works.

diachi

I think it had like 9,700 hours on it or something around that, so it might not have worked, and if it did it might not have worked well, unless it was powered at 10A tube current. I also didn't bid because " Happytomato " also wanted it and since I've got one I thought I'd let him try and get it.

-Adam

daguin

Diachi said:
I'm on the lookout for another argon already  ;D doubt I'll get as good a deal as that last one though, thanks again btw  :p
EDIT : actually there is a HGM on eBay for cheap, but sadly it's pickup only, and it's in england  :(
Sorry for the Hijack btw  :p

As long as you get another Uniphase in any of the normal series EXCEPT the 2113 series, you can just use the same PSU that you have.

Peace,
dave

ben74

I sent happytomato a link to the 3 watt argon and said to leave the 20mW alone as i had a bid on it and he replied saying he had no money for one anyway.

diachi

daguin said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1227821044/0#3 date=1227824870]I'm on the lookout for another argon already ;D doubt I'll get as good a deal as that last one though, thanks again btw :p
EDIT : actually there is a HGM on eBay for cheap, but sadly it's pickup only, and it's in england :(
Sorry for the Hijack btw :p

As long as you get another Uniphase in any of the normal series EXCEPT the 2113 series, you can just use the same PSU that you have.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

oh cool, so I really only need to look for a tube ?

-Adam

daguin

Diachi said:
oh cool, so I really only need to look for a tube  ?
-Adam

Correct. Different brands (and the 2113 series) use different PSU's, but as long as it is a Uniphase is will light it up. Not all "Cyonics/Uniphase" units use the same PSU, but the 2110, 2111, 2112, & 2114 series will all work fine. Make sure it is a Uniphase AND that is has the two plugs like yours (one square and one round), and you're golden.

We refer to that part as the "laser." There is a "tube" inside the laser. The laser needs a PSU to run.

Peace,
dave

diachi

daguin said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1227821044/0#8 date=1227827210]
oh cool, so I really only need to look for a tube ?
-Adam

Correct. Different brands (and the 2113 series) use different PSU's, but as long as it is a Uniphase is will light it up. Not all "Cyonics/Uniphase" units use the same PSU, but the 2110, 2111, 2112, & 2114 series will all work fine. Make sure it is a Uniphase AND that is has the two plugs like yours (one square and one round), and you're golden.

We refer to that part as the "laser." There is a "tube" inside the laser. The laser needs a PSU to run.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Yeah I was going to change " tube " to " laser head " but I'm tired and my internet is being slow.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a remote interface.

-Adam

daguin

Diachi said:
I'm also keeping an eye out for a remote interface.

I had you pictured as the kind of guy who would build his own ;)

I'll keep my eyes open for one for you.

Peace,
dave

daguin

ben74 said:
So anyone know were i could get one?(digital projector)

I'm sorry for the threadjack Ben. I thought the answer was already apparent.

Have you looked on eBay?  Most of the people in this forum that ended up with a broken digital projector would have already opened it to strip out the cube and electronics.  You will probably have better luck in an electronics forum or ebay.

Peace,
dave

I have a broken InFocus N72 projector (not really broken, but the bulb is burnt out). I'm curious what you want to do with it though? the bulb / lamp housing cost $300 so im in no rush to fix it... i'd rather just buy a LCD tv to last longer than 2 years...

what are you looking to pay for one of these? I'd be willing to part with it for say... $150? i'm not sure what they go for on ebay, but i suspect more.

-Kendall

ben74

Yeah i tried ebay and i looked for a cheap working one and found one for £50 but if would blow my budget and would green and blu-ray make the argon colour 488nm if they were at the right mW