Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another laser "UFO"?

If you're looking for a very good read, while Hamilton is great, try Timothy Zahn's Conquerors' Trilogy.

With Hamilton, The Night's Dawn Trilogy is a very good read, although at times it can get tediously descriptive.

In terms of unique takes on sci fi, and if you want a prolific author, Alastair Reynolds is great, although he is a little difficult to read at times.

There was another trilogy I really enjoyed, that addressed the question of space travel without the benefit of artificial gravity (in so many movies and books, gravity seems to be taken completely for granted).

You know what bugs me the most about star trek? Seats and seat belts. I mean come on, after the 10000 times that someone dies from being thrown across the bridge, you would think they would sit them the hell down, and strap the in, instead of "Red Alert, Brace for Impact".

I'll read a short premise of the story for each of those.

As long as it's not the classic "We good, aliens bad, we kill aliens" stories, I'm good. Still waiting on a good story taken from the alien's perspective and us not being so overly "save the day heroes". Y'know, gray area of morale.

I'll read a short premise of the story for each of those.

As long as it's not the classic "We good, aliens bad, we kill aliens" stories, I'm good. Still waiting on a good story taken from the alien's perspective and us not being so overly "save the day heroes". Y'know, gray area of morale.

Read Conquerors' Trilogy ;)

Edit: Try not to read the summaries of books... they are such a let down. There is nothing more incredible to me than that "AH HA!" moment you get, when reading a good story, and it all comes together...

Last edited:
Read Conquerors' Trilogy ;)

Edit: Try not to read the summaries of books... they are such a let down. There is nothing more incredible to me than that "AH HA!" moment you get, when reading a good story, and it all comes together...
Dude, I would never! I mean I'd read just a short premise, an intro to the book, not the plot summary. I'm an anti-spoiler freak.

Before ME3 came out, I took care not to spoil how the desktop icon looked like, let alone any plot points.