Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another BR Ebay Kit...

Sam UK

Hello Friends,

Firstly, sorry if this post in wrong place.

Secondly, Been doing alot of homework about the laser world. Learnt loads from site already just by looking around for a few days.

So started doing a bit more through Google.

Came accross this on ebay

250mW+ 405nm Blue-Violet Laser Diode Module, Glass lens on eBay (end time 22-Jan-10 01:49:50 GMT)

Now, what i want to know is....Is this what it says it is or just a pile of poop?
I like the idear of building it all myself :D

All i want is a pro/experianecd opinion or some views on this.

Is it to cheep for what it is, to good to be true ??

This will be my first build. i got a host and i'm going to make other parts, best way to learn i feel is jump into deep end. lol

Also again, sorry if i posted this wrong.

Peace :thanks:

Sam UK

I don't know enough yet to judge stuff.

Like it i get to build the driver.

means i can mod it easy if i want to, if there a good mod to do to it ??
worth a go for first build, prob put a cheap 10mw red on there just to prove i can do it. Then will get the BR one on there when i suss it a bit.

Sam UK

ok, will wait for a few views on this then will get it if good things are said. Thanks

Hey Sam-I think this is the proper place to post this- I ordered two of these from geareb a while back -- 150mW 405nm Blue-Violet Laser Diode Module with Driver on eBay (end time 01-Feb-10 02:00:54 GMT) arrived in a timely manner works fine with 9 V BATT. I added my own heatrsink- switch and project box to make a portable Lab laser My SPER lpm reads it at about 77 mWs - might get a bit more using a fresh energizer lithium--while its a nice idea to build your own and the driver board looks like an easy soldering project==- the 10$ ebay BRs pens from 'etimeshop' are hard to beat-all 5 overspec 40 to 50 mWs arrived in 2 weeks to USA-no box or batts.wish I could be more help--HZ

Last edited:

Sam UK

I have looked at stuff by LPF members and the 2 site i was pointed towards. I assure you ebay is off the list now. Thanks guys