Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

An interesting video about light pushing objects!

Hey everyone! Recently one of my favourite subscribers uploaded a video about measuring how much force light can apply by using a 8 watt laser and a DIY instrument to see if there is a noticeable change.

Feel free to watch the video and comment below.

Anyways enjoy the video!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Nice find Dreadnought :) I once had a spreadsheet which calculated photonic pressure but I lost it :(
It is nice to think we have hobbyist lasers now that are powerful enough to observe this.
Curtis

Nice find Dreadnought :) I once had a spreadsheet which calculated photonic pressure but I lost it :(
It is nice to think we have hobbyist lasers now that are powerful enough to observe this.
Curtis

Agreed, its great to see how such an experiment is now more easily done by the enhancements of laser technology! I wonder what will happen when a 16 or even a 50 watt laser is used and the effect from it!

This reminds me of the photoelectric effect of photons on a surface to dislodge electrons from the surface. The energy is a function of the frequency or its reciprocal, wavelength. Wo=hf. where Wo = work function of the material, f= frequency of light and h= Plank's constant.