Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AMC 7135 driver QUESTION!!

If you can check the driver on scope and see if you have a spike on startup or something unusual.

If you can check the driver on scope and see if you have a spike on startup or something unusual.

Thanks, but I don't have an oscilloscope...:(

I spoke to Lazeerer though and he pointed out that I had been using the wrong pin setting for Juffran's Test Load. He said the red setting, I was using, was only for 650 - 670 nm diodes, NOT the 635's! The 635's have a lower voltage drop and so pin 2 must be used! I tried this and got 1.4 A! :tinfoil: It also means that my first attempts to solder the chip had probably been successful, so many hours wasted there...:toilet:

He also said that there are 2 possibilities; 1 the driver had a current spike, 2 I could have made a continuous path to negative through the heatsinked driver. Unfortunately I can't test either of these, as I don't have a scope and I had already disassembled the pill by the time I spoke to him.

Anyway, If I manage to reconnect the diode bond wires I will start a new thread and explain how to do it.:thanks: again for everyone's input!

Last edited: