Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alternative for AAA

What would be a good alternative for AAA batteries?
Currently i am using 2x AAA in my pen style pointers but having to buy them constantly will drain my wallet ^^

So i am looking for a good alternative which is rechargable.
I know i can just buy rechargable AAA batteries but i was thinking maybe there is a better alternative to that type of battery.

Last edited:

Zeebit

You didn't search the forum, did you? There is a thread about this and it was updated just a few moments ago. Li-ion 10440 batteries are usually used in ebay pointers.

Last edited:
Might want to search how to use those batteries in an ebay pointer unleaa you want to fry it right away

I've used eneloops in my pointers before. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they don't.

Using a 10440 often also results in a brighter laser too. As with anything that you overdrive, you do risk damaging laser. But a pen laser is cheap :beer:

Main thing to keep in mind is that 2xAAA is ~3.2V. 2x10440 can be as high as 8.4V. So, best to use one 10440 to replace 2xAAA.

As LL said, you can find info on where to buy AAA-sized spacers, or how to make them, with a few google searches.

Protected 10440s are longer than an AAA. I have some ultrafires that are 47.26mm, so you mite be better off getting the batteries and making spacers. Be carefull, I've had ebay pens die in seconds and others run forever on 10440s. If you can get QQtec pens they, (at lest the ones I have) run great and one 650nm ran for 5 minutes at 9 volts and still runs fine.
Ed