Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alternate Culminating Lens For Rile 1.5W

Hello, recently I realized that my rifle had a few specs on the culmination lens obscuring parts of the beam. I tried to clean it with isopropl alcohol and a air compressor. In short the lens got screwed up. I would like to know if there is a culminating lens that I could buy that will replace my "destroyed" lens. If any of you fine gentleman want to sell me the replacement part I will pay $100 for it. I need the replacement by 8/24/2013

Its a standard lens nut. You will need to decide if you want a three element for better beam specs or a G2 for power.

Here is my thread of a 405nm I built in one.
405 Ploshed Rifle

Please don't roast me for my lack of knowledge of the subject. I'm not a smartest person when it comes to actually building lasers, that's why I ordered a "complete" one from lazerer. Can I replace the culmination lens without have to dissect the rest of the laser? Or must I take it all apart?

Due to the way its designed you almost have to. You may be able to get away with removing the crown and the focusing part, leaving that two sized black threaded part sticking out the front. From there you would have to break the epoxy and attempt to unscrew it out the front. It will need to be re-epoxied back into the unit though.

I didn't have to epoxy mine. new lenses can be had at DTR's laser shop, survival lasers, or rayfoss, I'd go with DTR's laser shop. get a 3 element, g2 lenses are more expensive, have worse beam profiles, and don't fit properly in the rifle anyway. I have tried personally, only 3 element ones work. (can't focus to infinity, doesnt fit) you should only need a flat head screwdriver with a wide enough head to turn the lens without scratching it.

never use rubbing alcohol to clean a laser lens. g2 lenses are also much harder to properly clean than 3 element ones

I guess the G2 works in mine because of the new heatsink design I have. Forgot how close those need to get to the diode to fully culminate. The old three element in mine was epoxied so it would rotate.

Thanks for clarifying Shakenawake.

Thanks to you both for your input. I'm going to scrap the it and buy a new 445nm from the custom laser section. They have better prices and power. If any of you would like my rifle pm me. I will give it out for free when I get a new 445 nm laser. Keep in mind the lens produces a halo effect, the black dots are gone however. Power Certificate states: 1552 mW (brought from lazerer).

I have v2 of the rifle, where the top part screws off for lens replacement not the old one where you had to take apart lots of the laser.

is there a v3 or did you modify?

BTW lenses are like >$10!!!!! you'd be mad to give such a laser away, especially if you got it with the effects caps. sure custom builders make better for less here, but I don't know any that include those caps. plus, if you ever get other colors custom built with a standard focus ring, you can take it off and replace it with the part holding in the lens on your rifle. obviously this requires swapping lenses temporarily and is a bit clumsy, but it'll let you use those effects on other wavelengths

Last edited:
Hell I would fix it for you. All you would have to do is buy the lens and pay for shipping both ways. No sense and scrapping a laser for a 10$ lens.

Last edited:
okok, I'll ship it to you. I'll pay you $50 via paypal for it too. I'll do it tomorrow. Just pm me your address. Thanks so much man.

it's not hard at all, that's easy money speedy. your choice though TIP

Last edited:
I have already rejected his offer of 50$. All I ask is return shipping and the cost of the lens if I use one of the ones I have on hand already.

Wrap it in bubble wrap and flat rate. easy and cheap. Make sure there is no space for it to bounce around.