Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Also interested in other hobbies RC Tanks etc

Maxwel III

Apart from pointers, I'm looking at shoehorning a green diode into my RC Tiger Mk I

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sweet, I was just looking at getting one of these:

They also have a T34 that looks really cool, but I'd probably go with the Tiger 1.

Not sure if you've ever seen the Anime series Girls Und Panzer, but I also have some collectable figures from the show that would be perfect on display with the Tiger 1 as they are also by luck in 1/16th scale. :cool:

Maxwel III

Depends if you want entry-level or something you can drive around for years. Also check - how easy is it to charge. Might be worth spending a bit extra and get a TaiGen. Mine are Mato 100% metal but at 18 pounds each need a lot of mechanical tweeking.
Don't get a cheap RC tank that needs to be pulled apart just to charge.

There's a danger in mounting a laser on an RC anything, that said ......check out this cool toy.

Maxwel III

Indeed the beauty of tanks is they are SLOW. That link looks like it would charge round like a puppy

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
It's awesome when a huge super-heavy tank like a Maus is just creeping along and crushing row after row of wimpy e bikes and electric mopeds.

Suppose an armed intruder is in your home....... then they see your robot and it's displaying a laser message on the wall " GET OUT NOW......... WHILE YOU STILL CAN " then the robot fires a couple of warning bursts from one of it's 2 flame throwers turrets ....Well actually turret #2 fires napalm and it aims for faces, but turret #1 shoots pepper spray ......however when fired together..... yep burning ( ignited ) pepper spray and napalm.

Ok, it's a bad idea, but fun to think about.

Check out this nifty toy > OXXXXO

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Better yet it has a speaker that says the "get out..." part in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice. That tracked base would be a good start, just needs few 5mW lasers to mark the target, and a couple canisters on the back, one with compressed kerosene, and the other red fuming nitric acid that go through turbo pumps and react together. Like in some early liquid fuel rockets, this would be quite an exciting reaction as it blasts from the tank. :ROFLMAO:

Or the turrets could spray piranha fluid.......
I wonder if that would be more effective than HF acid ?
As a respiratory agent if properly atomized....... yikes

Last edited:

Maxwel III

IMHO the best pyro device must incorporate compressed material. Surface bug-spray with a reliable gas-lighter two inches in front of the nozzle......WHOOSH.

Traditional flamethrowers were a tank of compressed air driving Diesel fuel thru a flare cartridge.

Traditional Napalm was 108 Octane gasoline (aviation) mixed with micro-fine detergent derived from palm oil.

I do ask the community, however -- there is quite a degree of alarm about home invaders/ intruders. Have any readers out there experienced this?

Where I live (AUS) burglaries peak at 10:00 am. Outcome is always one of two -- the home-owner returns to find their locks bumped and dog comfortably tied up with a generous supply of food/ milk and the safe will be opened and a few targeted valuables removed (jewelry, firearms, documents, car-keys and car, etc). OR the second and worst outcome where the whole place has been completely trashed and the poor canine killed.

LEOs usually arrive a few hours later, dust a few things and hand you an insurance report.

On very rare occasions people experience true "home-invasion" that makes the news and it invariably is about domestic AVO disputes or drug debts.

Maxwel III

Or the turrets could spray piranha fluid.......
I wonder if that would be more effective than HF acid ?
As a respiratory agent if properly atomized....... yikes
HF is fairly useless stuff and unbelievably toxic. I've had dealings with this stuff when I was younger. It was used as a catalyst in processing gasoline. My job as a subcontractor was to install insulation cladding over the hot-pipes in a hypermax secure area known as "Alky-Section".
To get certified for entry into the section of the refinery, craftsmen had to do a three day training course then get 100% pass and we got two bucks/ hour extra for working in that high-risk area.
In its pure state HF goes from solid to gaseous at 17DegC and it is a "fuming" gas meaning aggressive/ explosive and volatile. There is no liquid-phase unless it is diluted.
In the watered down state (five to 20 percent) HF can etch glassware.

Maxwel III

It's awesome when a huge super-heavy tank like a Maus is just creeping along and crushing row after row of wimpy e bikes and electric mopeds.
MAUS was a useless tank BUT....the track carousel set-up and design is the basis of modern mega cranes such as Liebherr.

I was not recommending that anyone build any kind of remote countermeasure, boobytrap, autofort, weapon as I said it would be a bad idea but was fun to think about, I just want to be clear on that point. :)

That said there are much better ideas, but maybe not a good idea to talk about them all, I wouldn't want our alphabet agency friends to get a wrong idea that this is anything but harmless mental entertainment with zero illegal intent.

Maxwel III

I was not recommending that anyone build any kind of remote countermeasure, boobytrap, autofort, weapon as I said it would be a bad idea but was fun to think about, I just want to be clear on that point. :)

That said there are much better ideas, but maybe not a good idea to talk about them all, I wouldn't want our alphabet agency friends to get a wrong idea that this is anything but harmless mental entertainment with zero illegal intent.
Agreed in full. Everybody needs to be straight but not so stiff as to lose our sense of humour.