Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

all sorts of questions

chottu

can any one if possible make a video on how to test the current and voltage required for a diode with out test load and how many resistors will be required. and can somenoe tell me why it is needed to regulate voltage(i thought only current) .and why we use a pot which is a resistor when we already use 2 or 1 resistors. and how to use pot to regulate current/voltage (i dunno) without harming the diode.and how to check if my diodes are dead?

iknow a lot of ands (more to come)

and i hav read almost all the posts in the forum

daguin

chottu said:
can any one if possible make a video on how to test the current and voltage required for a diode with out test load and how many resistors will be required. and can somenoe tell me why it is needed to regulate voltage(i thought only current) .and why we use a pot which is a resistor when we already use 2 or 1 resistors. and how to use pot to regulate current/voltage (i dunno) without harming the diode.and how to check if my diodes are dead?

You cannot measure current and voltage through a driver correctly without a test load.

How to make one is in several places in this forum.

Voltage must be limited because of the electronics of the DRIVER

We use a potentiometer to be able to adjust the current. You can make a driver with a "set" current without a potentiometer.

To "use" a potentiometer you turn it. It should be adjusted using a test load BEFORE you hook up the diode.

You either have to have a DMM with a diode test mode or you have to hook it up to a driver and put power to it.

You have NOT read almost all the pages in this forum. ALL of your questions are answered somewhere in this forum. Many of them in just the "sticky" threads at the top of the boards.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=chottu link=1233668660/0#0 date=1233668660]and [highlight]i hav read almost all the posts[/highlight] in the forum

You have NOT read almost all the pages in this forum.  ALL of your questions are answered somewhere in this forum.  Many of them in just the "sticky" threads at the top of the boards.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Obviously not.................. ::)

Jerry

chottu

daguin said:
[quote author=chottu link=1233668660/0#0 date=1233668660]can any one if possible make a video on how to test the current and voltage required for a diode with out test load and how many resistors will be required. and can somenoe tell me why it is needed to regulate voltage(i thought only current) .and why we use a pot which is a resistor when we already use 2 or 1 resistors. and how to use pot to regulate current/voltage (i dunno) without harming the diode.and how to check if my diodes are dead?

You cannot measure current and voltage through a driver correctly without a test load.

How to make one is in several places in this forum.

Voltage must be limited because of the electronics of the DRIVER

We use a potentiometer to be able to adjust the current.  You can make a driver with a "set" current without a potentiometer.

To "use" a potentiometer you turn it.  It should be adjusted using a test load BEFORE you hook up the diode.

You either have to have a DMM with a diode test mode or you have to hook it up to a driver and put power to it.

You have NOT read almost all the pages in this forum.  ALL of your questions are answered somewhere in this forum.  Many of them in just the "sticky" threads at the top of the boards.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

ok by the way th pot turning thing kinda makes me feel dum. but i hav read all the stickies and have read a lot of the posts but please understand I AM ONLY 12 YEARS OLD AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING(UNDERSTANDIN OHMS LAW TOOK ME AROUND 15 MINS!(I KNOW THATS A LOT))

daguin

chottu said:
ok by the way th pot turning thing kinda makes me feel dum. but i hav read all the stickies and have read a lot of the posts but please understand I AM ONLY 12 YEARS OLD AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING(UNDERSTANDIN OHMS LAW TOOK ME AROUND 15 MINS!(I KNOW THATS A LOT))

I'm 54 with an advanced degree and I don't understand everything. Sometimes we ask dumb questions. When I ask a dumb question I expect a dumb answer. When it happens I smile at myself. I don't get my feelings "hurt." No one can make you feel anything. YOU decide what you think and feel.

I prefer to learn from my mistakes, not try to make others treat me with kid gloves.

Peace,
dave