Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alien Laser 488nm Build!

ManCave

That beam is gorgeous!
Well done my man!... one of these days (read, in a few years ) I hope to build a laser as good as yours.
Cheers!

Did you have the wavelength of that diode measured? I have quite a bit of experience with these diodes and if you can tell me the current you drive it with I can give you an approximate power level. Looks like you used a longer focal length lens as the beam diameter at the aperture is larger than most.

I set it low so the wavelength don't change much i have another set at 130mA ( 5mA +/- ) and i can see a difference in wavelength i take some pictures tomorrow 🛸

I set it low so the wavelength don't change much i have another set at 130mA ( 5mA +/- ) and i can see a difference in wavelength i take some pictures tomorrow 🛸
These diodes tend to measure between 487nm and 493nm, so you can get a difference in its color depending on its wavelength. But, these diodes don''t tend to shift much by current. They do with heat, so a good heat sink is the most important if you want to keep the WL stable.