Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Lens adjustment

HEy guys, I chipped the lens assembly on my stock WL spyder so I bought a Aixiz lens assembly and just can't seem to get it right. Any pointers? Very new to this. I can get the center dot very focused, but there are "wings" on both sides of it. And in high power mode it just became a faint circle around the tight center dot. Heres a pic of low power mode:
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/94364641.jpg/
And here's a pic of the lens assembly
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Can you just let me know how I should adjust the lens assembly, or just the inner ring(threaded for like a flathead screwdriver? It's hard to figure out how to get rid of that. I'm sure there's a thread about it, just cant find it.

Maybe you have it backwards.

Also, these diodes output an elliptical beam. This results in a line shaped "dot."
You aren't going to get anything different without costly optics.

Well, the other way around seems to be worse, and on the original lens assembly, I did no have any of those wings. It was pretty closed to perfectly focused in my opinion, but since it was chipped(or shattered partially), when I shook it around sometimes it would go out of the focussed beam.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to use an image I made for a topic in the 445 thread, but it can be of use here too:

output.jpg

This shows the setup of the stock lens that's in your arctic. There are three lenses and a spacer ring. They are held in the module using a screw-in retainer ring. Try turing it if possible, maybe the lenses just wobble a bit due to this.

Also, I've replaced the stock lens in my arctic with an Aixiz single element glass 445 coated G-1 lens from Jayrob, and it serves me well. A couple a' hundred meters away the beam might be about a meter in width, but very, very sharp.

The module needs to be screwed in pretty far, only a tenth or so sticks out the housing. So make sure it's screwed in far enough, then you'll be fine.

HOLY COW! thanks! I know I'm digging up an OLD post, but its still relevant & I have to give respect where its due!
My arctic is burning like a champ now I was looking at the lenses and could see what looked like finger prints that had been wiped off (Poorly) and I couldn't help but clean it up now my arctic seems to be putting its advertized 1W out! (I don't own an LPM but...) I'm burning leather at 10 feet!
I'm Bored to death so I made a handy Animation to help LOL
Arctic-lens-assembly.gif

Last edited: