Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aircrafts

ok i paid more attention to the field of view from the cockpit today and here are my official observations: ;)
when the seat is adjusted to the recommended height for landing you have about 20 degrees of downward view. that changes relative to the horizon though because the deck angle changes during the approach because of configuration changes (flaps and gear). fully configured for landing and at approach speed you are about 3 degrees nose up, maybe a little more, up to about 5 degrees depending on your flap setting.
however in level cruise flight at 35000 feet the auto pilot is on and i am usually reclined and cant even see the horizon.
so, if anyone wants to brush up on their trig skills you should be able to figure out some stuff.
carry on!

Hey guys. I'm actually that Joe guy ^^^, but couldn't remember my password, so I had to re-register as I couldn't get my password reset. Anywho, the other day an aircraft in front of us reported being hit with a laser. He was at 35,000 feet. It made me think of this thread. Sorry about the necropost.

Window relections are 5-10%, you got less than a mW i your eye. :)
That's good because I (stupidly) pointed a 200mw out the window and it reflected in/near my eye I was so worried that was a month or so ago though. Something dumb I did with a laser was when I first got a green laser 3-4 years ago (5mw green ebay laser) I was pointing it at the sky and then noticed flashing airplane lights where I had pointed it (oops) But the plane was probably 10+ miles away :whistle:

Last edited: