Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on building 4 x 445nm continuous duty line generating lasers

DrSid

Any more technical detail about the builds ? The lumia effect looks great ! Of course .. only if you want to share ..

robvdv

Any more technical detail about the builds ? The lumia effect looks great ! Of course .. only if you want to share ..

It was pretty basic stuff. I used LM350 drivers with 1 ohm resistors and the appropriate caps and polarity protection diodes for the 445nm lasers. I used LM317 drivers with 4.7 ohm resistors, no caps etc. for the DVD burner diodes. I used two of these in series since I had 12V handy.

Everything was powered by a UPS battery which was being charged by a 2300W generator.

Hmm, I should probably start a build thread with all this info in plus pics.

noesc

Very very coool...... So you used a line generating lense and passed that through the lumia glass to get the vertical scrolling effect? Very cool... thank you for sharing.

@ hakzaw call me

robvdv

So you used a line generating lense and passed that through the lumia glass to get the vertical scrolling effect?

Yup, that's basically it. I felt almost embarrassed to explain it to people it's so simple :)

jordan

WOW that was incredible! Awesome job. I would like to know more about the lumia glass - I've never heard of that before, where did you get that? What did you cover the paper in the obelisk with (assuming you stuck with paper 'walls') to keep it safe/sturdy?

robvdv

WOW that was incredible! Awesome job. I would like to know more about the lumia glass - I've never heard of that before, where did you get that? What did you cover the paper in the obelisk with (assuming you stuck with paper 'walls') to keep it safe/sturdy?

Lumia glass isn't special. It's just textured glass like the kind you'd find in a shower door. Some people use clear acrylic and then heat it with a heat gun until it bubbles.

There are loads of videos on YouTube. Search for "laser lumia wheel".