Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adjusting Flexmod driver with connected diode

I bought 3 Flexmods for my projector, read their manual (can be found here) and know what to do to do a general setup. (E.g. set bias current at 0V and max current at 5V)

I can imagine however that after having connected all three diodes to their drivers, I might want to adjust the bias (because it wasn't accurate enough) or the max current (because I want more power / change the RGBratio for better white).
- Can I do this with the diodes attached and OPERATING? (Driver turned on, diode lasing)
- If no, can I do this with diodes attached but POWER OFF?
- If no, is the only way to disconnect the diodes, change the pots, reconnect them and see whether the result is better? Sounds like a hassle! :)

Generally I'd say it shouldn't be a problem, but my experience is limited and I seem to remember reading somewhere it's not a good idea. (Driver has a resistor that's mean to measure current on, btw)

Thanks!

Yes. Safety is relative here, since you're operating an imperfect mechanical component here (the pot), but I've done it before without issue.