Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Added a new wavelength to my collection

Razako

I've acquired a new LillyElectronics 100mw 671nm DPSS RED lab laser. I mostly got this for wavelength collection purposes, as red DPSS is extremely uncommon. I have a little buyers remorse because I don't know what exactly I'm gonna use this for, but I'm sure I'll think of something cool to do with it(Recommendations welcomed).

I've tested it for about 10 hours now and it seems to be working well. It came with a standard non-adjustable lab PSU and takes analog modulation. This is actually the only lab laser in my collection, and it's definitely an unusual specimen.

Pics:
IMG_0855_zpscyxk3nou.jpg

IMG_0854_zpsgr58cmve.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

Nice one! Have fun! Looks like one of the modules produced by Lasever - will need to keep that seller in mind. :D

I was just looking at pictures of my old 671nm the other day - very dim wavelength but very nice colour!

Your second photo looks like the beam was defocused. Was that on purpose?

I'm thinking motion detector, and mirror on motor to create a light barrier... have a red lit bedroom entrance. May need to work a fog machine into the mix.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Congrats on your brand new wavelength, and first labby! :beer:
Have you taken any pictures "outside of the box"? :crackup:

Yea I saw it on the left, it looks brighter/lighter than 671nm in the pic but must be darker in person, I love the dark red 660's.

Razako

Yeah, it's way darker in person. The camera almost makes it look like a 638nm or something.

Very nice! Never seen 671nm before. Also I can't help but wonder what that "alarm" indicator is on the driver/psu.

Don't forget to add it to your sig btw :p

D

Deleted member 16589

Nice I need to get that wavelength myself.

Nice one! Have fun! Looks like one of the modules produced by Lasever - will need to keep that seller in mind. :D

Yea I agree looks like a lasever.

If you dont mind me asking what was the price tag. I got quotes from lasever a while back and it was really affordable for lower powers.