Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About to order from lazerer... deciding between 2..

Jez006

I'm upgrading from a 100mw and I had my eye on the 200mw from lazerer but they are all out of stock...A friend is paying for most of it though ($160!) because he broke my last laser. So now I'm looking at the 300mw, which are around $200.

What do you guys reckon of these 2?

LZCN - 532nm 300mW High Power Green Laser Pointer Separate Crystal

and

LZSK - 532nm 300mW Green Laser Pointer w/ Case + Googles

The cheaper of the two is focusable, comes with a case, battery and goggles...

Can anyone suggest why it is cheaper and has these freebies?

Thanks,

Jez

Jez006

And I think the more expensive one is also missing an IR filter!?

"We can help installing a IR Filter for customer if needed. Please noticed that power will decrease after the filter is installed. Please send us email within 3 hours after your purchases if you need to install the filter."

they are pretty much the same
the black one has better heatsinking = more duty cycle
its mostly based on personal host preference

oh, didnt notice that
my bad

you can also check out reviews on the same hosts as well (pros/cons ect)

honeyx

^^^No they aren't the same at all.

The module used in this one LZCN - 532nm 300mW High Power Green Laser Pointer Separate Crystal is completely different.

@Jez006 - Contact Max and he'll give you more info.

Also I would be VERY surprised if it is not IR filtered... unfortunately descriptions on there can use some work.

True. Both are completely different and the laser modules are completely different though both are using separate cristal sets. The question is which will have the better beam specs and quality.

I personaly bought this one recently LZSK - 532nm 400mW Green Laser Pointer w/ Case + Goggles.

The unit arrived this weekend and the review is comming soon, but if it comes to the question of heatsinking I just will tell you I already made a 3 minutes video with this laser on LPM and the host even didn´t get warm.

I already made a 3 minutes video with this laser on LPM and the host even didn´t get warm.

Now that's really interesting... I have two of these lasers from o-like and both of them get warm at about a minute, and have to be turned off at a minute and half. Longest I ever ran one was two minutes and it was quite warm.

Do you by any chance have an LPM?

Jez006

thanks for the replies, i sent max an email yesterday. i also emailed jack from optotronics about the 150mw pen - 150mw optotronics pen. jack replied straight away, haven't heard back from max yet. tbh i'm now thinking of going for the optotronics pen. i would rather better build quality, less divergence and a smaller pen type laser rather than another 100mw or so...i just want one that lasts this time. customer service has also been great already and i haven't even bought anything.

Last edited:

honeyx

Now that's really interesting... I have two of these lasers from o-like and both of them get warm at about a minute, and have to be turned off at a minute and half. Longest I ever ran one was two minutes and it was quite warm.

Hm. Maybe they are using a different driver now. Can´t make pictures of it but took a look insight the housing. Can´t see a sense resistor but something big on the PCB that looks to me like a MosFET. At the buttom of the pcb there are two round capacitors and a red wire. Maybe the wire is the sense resistor. There is also a secound round pcb at the buttom of the module with a pot.

The housing of course warmed up a bit from beeing cold, but didn´t get warm to the touch. So before I turned it on it was cold to the touch and after 3 minutes it wasn´t cold but also wasn´t warm to the touch. Can´t tell exactly how much it warmed up but for sure not more than 36-37 degrees of celsius.

Do you by any chance have an LPM?

Yes I do. It´s not a laserbee but a DIY one using a TEC. It was calibrated by 10 x 10 Ohm resistors soldered to an "S" giving me the same results like the certificate from Lazerer. Just was a bit confused while making this video because the laser peacked a bit higher than usual.