Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About the type of battery

qpwoei12

If the battery size is the same, can I put any battery type in my laser or flashlight?
For example, if I have many types of 18350 batteries, Li-ion(ICR), IMR, INR. IFR(LFP), Li-Polymer Can I put any of them in the laser? If all sizes are 18350.

Last edited:

gazer101

As long as they all output the same voltage and have the same C-rating, you can mix and match

Batteries of differing chemistries should not be used at the same time. They can however often be used interchangeably for our purposes. If a laser takes 2x batteries, they need to both be the same while they are installed. What doesn't usually matter is which chemistry they are so long as they match. (IMR+IMR=OK) (LiPo+LiPo=OK) (IMR+LiPo=Not OK) Different battery chemistries behave differently enough to make this potentially dangerous. Notably internal resistance varies, as does the discharge curve. If one cell in a 2s configuration sags lower in voltage, it will lead to excess heat and potentially failure.

Last edited:

qpwoei12

Batteries of differing chemistries should not be used at the same time. They can however often be used interchangeably for our purposes. If a laser takes 2x batteries, they need to both be the same while they are installed. What doesn't usually matter is which chemistry they are so long as they match. (IMR+IMR=OK) (LiPo+LiPo=OK) (IMR+LiPo=Not OK) Different battery chemistries behave differently enough to make this potentially dangerous. Notably internal resistance varies, as does the discharge curve. If one cell in a 2s configuration sags lower in voltage, it will lead to excess heat and potentially failure.
Oh, I got it. Thank you!