Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About lasers and wounds.

Lasers have always totally cured my wallet, whenever my wallet has exhibited signs of bloating ... :)

NASA is using it

LLLT isn't just about the wavelength. The studies indicate that it requires pulsing. Depending in the pulse frequency and wavelength, you can target tissue regeneration, neurological function including pain reduction (pulsing 100Hz 635nm slows production of a neurotransmitter that allows the pain signal to jump the synapse), and pulsing 405 produces singlet oxygen molecules and kills 99% of bacteria in the irradiated area- it's been found more effective than benzoyl peroxide in treating acne.

LLLT, unlike magnets, has a strong core of legitimate controlled studies by skeptical researchers that often set out thinking there was nothing to it and wound up being convinced that it warranted further investigation. NASA is so impressed they actually packed these things on shuttle missions, and they are not known for wasting a single gram of cargo load on unproven crap. Chances are very good that we will discover many more useful health quirks about light, applied in very specific ways, that will have amazing impact on how diseases are treated, and possibly even how genetics are expressed in the womb.

Much of the good parts of modern medicine were initially ridiculed. At one time, hand washing was considered an ignorant practice.

I did some careful controlled experiments after I aquired my 1st two hipower lasers recently. I figured it was best to know and find out from careful deliberation, rather than from an accident later.

Have to refute what's been said about red lasers a little...

My 200mw green Gatlin causes a "sting" on my forearm and on the back of my hand, when it's *FOCUSED*, at a short distance of 8 to 12 inches or so. The pain is high enough so that I have to stop it. From a distance of ~ 20 to 30 feet, when focused at infinity ("infinity" = a target ~ 260 meters away), I get a warm sensation after about 10 seconds or so. It's tolerable, and doesn't seem to "build up".

For my Survival Lasers 660nm Red, rated at 300mw; I replaced the default acrylic lens with a jayrob 650-G-1 lens, so now it is probably putting out ~ 370-380 mw.

At close distances and focused, the 660nm DEFINITELY hurts within a very short time, both with the old and the new lens.

When focused at infinity; from 20-30 feet away, I get a "hot" sensation that can be tolerated, for a little while.

I have definitely noticed an improvement in burning capability after switching to the G-1 lens for the 660nm.

I am "average/fair" skinned, but spent years in the tropics in different places. There is a "hint" of "weathering", a "hint" of a "residual tan".

Maybe my blood just moves slower than average? I *DO* have a damaged heart, and occasionally *DO* take nitroglycerin for angina, and take aspirin daily. Maybe that has an effect on tissue cooling. I've developed a low tolerance for heat in the past few years.